• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2 T lines?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hung

i was thinking of doing a t line in between outlet of the gfx to the inlet of the pump, and an outlet of the hc and the inlet of the cpu block, will this prove better at bleeding? lol or will it not make a difference, cause right now i have to fatty holes on top of my case from a previous setup where i had the nozzles for the hc go through the top, now that the hc is in my case, i have no use for the holes for one hole is for the t line between the gfx and pump, and the other hole is just...there lol so thinking about adding another t line lol

I have considered this also.
It seems like it might speed up bleeding as the air would have an unobstructed escape route through the second t-line (no more belching up a waterfilled single line).

Worth a try to see....

personally i would just go with the single t-line still. and then maybe if you could post a pic of the top of your case we can give you an idea on what to do with the other hole. im maybe thinking cutting it out alittle more and putting a blow hole on the tob of the case>?

Yeah it should work faster just like how putting two holes in a can of condensed milk lets it come out at a speed thats many times faster than the mind numbingly slow rate that one hole allows for.

Moto7451 said:
Yeah it should work faster just like how putting two holes in a can of condensed milk lets it come out at a speed thats many times faster than the mind numbingly slow rate that one hole allows for.

i guess i should ask this, but how long would it take to bleed the system? b/c i am going to be water cooling within 2weeks with a t-line.

:EDIT: ill have a single 120mm heater core, dd pump (same as the swiftech 350) tdx cpu block.

The only advantage to two T's would be setting one at top and one at the bottom for draining purposes. Unless you need a quick-drain system, just use 1.

For bleeding air, most of the air is out of the system quickly, but it will keep slowly bleeding for a week or longer. Just watch the level in the T-line and refill as needed. If you do a really good job of tilting the case and getting the major air bubbles out, the level doesn't drop that much even after a week. Just don't let the pump run dry, ever, even for a few seconds.

What I do is fill the system then run the pump for a few seconds then tilt to remove air. Refill and repeat as required. Usually 3 stop-start cycles and then I'll leave the pump on and let the rest of the air bleed slowly into the T.

yes, as a matter of fact, bleeding the major air bubbles only take like a few mins, so ive seen in my previous kits
the reason i wanted to add the 2nd line between the inlet of the cpu and outlet of the hc is because you dont want air bubbles going into your cpu block, it would mess with temps a bit, right? lol

my temps do not move much from the time i have circulation to the time all the air is out. 2t's wont hurt but they really dont help much is what it comes down too.

lol ic, so its probably just excess "stuff" in your case eh? :)

I installed a drain line for my system, and that was one of the best ideas I've ever had. It makes it incredibly convenient when I need to drain.

Two t-lines would speed up bleeding, but...who really needs to speed up bleeding? The process takes about an hour to get rid of the major bubbles, usually less. Unless you're going to be refilling your system every week, it doesn't matter.

I have a second t-line on the CPU outlet just because no matter how I move it around, it traps a huge air bubble before turning the pump on and bleeding the system out. Adding this second t-line eliminated it taking a week to get most air out. Now it takes like 15 minutes to get most of it out because I can get most of the air out just by moving the case around and using the second t-line before turning on the pump. My other t-line is at the top of my loop which helps also.

bubbles coming out of the cpu? hmm, thats weird, never seen that,
do you have a pic of how you positioned the 2nd t line?, is it horizontal, vertical? :)

The line goes down from the CPU to the chipset block and so it traps a big air bubble until I turn on the pump and it is bled out. The t-line is vertical at about a 45 degree angle to miss the PS.

tline.jpg

Back