• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

abit AI7,IS7 and IS7 max3 need help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes, you have the vdimm right on the models. Forget the Max3, they are hard to find, expensive, and the VTT don't track right above 2.8v vdimm anyway. In my opinion, the AI7 is a better mobo than the IS7, but not sure it's worth buying just for the extra vdimm adjustment at this point in the game when socket 478 is a dying breed. Do you have a Northwood? The IS7 and AI7 are better suited for Northwoods. The Prescotts seem to stress the power circuitry too much on most i865 socket 478 mobos.

Last edited:
I have a mobile P4 prescott. Overclocks really nice on air. I may have found a deal on more mobile P4's. I'm looking to increase my acreage on my folding farm.
My XMS corsair memory clocks at 240 1:1 at 2.5-3-3-5. I think with 2.9-3.0 vdimm I should be able to drop the timing back down to 2-2-2-5. I've been using RDRAM for a long time, so the DDR thing kind of new to me.

Back