• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

difference between 109CFM and 79CFM?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lowfat

On my previous setup I had a Single Sanko Denki 120X38 (39dB) fan on my heatercore, and didn't mind the volume. However now I find anything over 5V is just an absolutely horrible sound. So i was wondering will there be a big difference in watertemp if i use a 79CFM Adda 120X25 (34dB) instead? My new setup will only be cooling the cpu, and the heatercore is a single 120mm (chevette).

Use the 120x38 and run it at 5V. Deeper fans produce more pressure (even at low RPM) and that's what's needed for getting air through rad fins.

i would think on a single 120 more airflow matters as your trying to remove more heat through a smaller space. theres no way to give exactly what benifit in C as each systems different. ill buy a larger cfm and post my results as im running one 120 [dont hold your breath might take a while]

with one 120 more air is better. now you can juggle silence in the mix.

lowfat said:
On my previous setup I had a Single Sanko Denki 120X38 (39dB) fan on my heatercore, and didn't mind the volume. However now I find anything over 5V is just an absolutely horrible sound. So i was wondering will there be a big difference in watertemp if i use a 79CFM Adda 120X25 (34dB) instead? My new setup will only be cooling the cpu, and the heatercore is a single 120mm (chevette).

My 120x38 is near that CFM (84), and I find it barely tolerable at 12v. I run it at 7v 90% of the time. You may want to downscale further...

Back