• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about TCCD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Robert

Everything is going very well, except one little problem. I don't know why mem at 1.65v is overclock higher than at 2.7-2.8v. I thought it is another way around isn't it. I believe it is not overheat problem because I have a fan on top of ram. TCCD should be able to handle more voltage than 1.65v.

Last edited:
Hello Robert,

I suppose 1.65V is your CPU voltage. Memory voltages are always > 2.5V. I'm not quite sure what your question is :)

The CPU vcore is at 1.45v and fully stable at 2.85Ghz. These memory sticks are running at 1.65v now. If I set memory voltage heigher than 1.65v, it way less stable for some reason.

Last edited:
I think you are misunderstanding your bios. Is is something like, add ".165v" or +.165v?
Ram voltages are like 2.6, 2.65, 2.7, 2.8, etc. My ram is tccd and loves 2.65v. alot of tccd will error if you give it too much. Download memtest and test your memory

Robert said:
The CPU vcore is at 1.45v and fully stable at 2.85Ghz. These memory sticks are running at 1.65v now. If I set memory voltage heigher than 1.65v, it way less stable for some reason.

Mate, that must be the chipset voltage. DRAM voltage cannot show up as 1.65V. If it does, you are in trouble! You may need to reflash your BIOS.

Super Nade said:
Mate, that must be the chipset voltage. DRAM voltage cannot show up as 1.65V. If it does, you are in trouble! You may need to reflash your BIOS.

Agreed, there is no way the memory voltage is 1.65v, the standard from JDEC is 2.5v minimum. I don't know your motherboard or how it displays the Bios but I am assuming that you have mistakenly read your memory voltage. Can you post some screen shots of where you are seeing (reading) your memory voltage????

It has to be chipset voltage. 1.5 should be fine. Ram voltage will be listed something like "DDR voltage"

LOL. Sorry about the wrong voltage. It is 2.65v for memory, not 1.65v. :bang head

I tested my kingston sticks almost all day today and I got so frastratred. In the late afternoon, I went to computer store nearby and I bought Corsair PC3200XL, just to try it out and see if there is any change. It truned out that Corsair don't have any problem at all. It overclock much better than the kingston. I am happy with it. :burn:

Thank for your help and sorry about the info.

Although things are working out well for you now, just FYI TCCD sticks are very picky about voltages. You can take a look at the guide in my sig to see how mine do with any sort of voltage change. It's not uncommon for TCCD to have a "sweet spot". I know both my sets are best at 2.7v. Even adding the .03 in the DFI's BIOS can cause havoc with my particular sticks. Glad everything is working out well for you now though.

Back