• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

water cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
kdrifter440 said:
what is a good setup for under $100?for extreme overclocking

Spend some time reading the stickies. Its not easy to do a good WC setup for under $100 but it is possible.

I want to buy one not make one are any of the liquid cooled systems on ebay good?

kdrifter i seriously doubt u are likely to find a very good water cooling setup, already built, for under $100. anything u find in that pricerange is gonna be crap, as is that ebay product u linked to earlier. as jas mentioned, your best bet, although still unlikely, would be to build it yourself for under $100.

less than $100 cash is not really enough to consider watercooling in my opinion, however as little as $200 could build a very nice setup. the people in this forum obviously favor custom built water systems, so information on quality premade systems is rare (if any exist at all).

after all, this forum is full of people who built thier own system, so thats where the wealth of knowledge lays

kdrifter440 said:
I want to buy one not make one are any of the liquid cooled systems on ebay good?

There really aren't any "kits" at or under $100 that would be suitable for overclocking. At the near $200 range the swiftech, corsair (rebranded swiftech kit), and asetek kits get the nod.

kdrifter440 said:
I guess i will be making one. Any good places to find specs for building one...
READ THE STICKIES But with that said you can get a cheap pump from ebay called aquavia, it's about $20. And you should build up your stars so you can get access to the classifieds. That will be your best chance to find some cheap but quality watercooling parts.

kdrifter440 said:
what is a good setup for under $100?for extreme overclocking

Dude... you can't extreme overclock with a water cooling setup under $100. Sorry, it's just not gonna happen; if it did, you got my attention. You could extreme overclock under $100 if you look into phase change/peltier.

whozyodaddy said:
Dude... you can't extreme overclock with a water cooling setup under $100. Sorry, it's just not gonna happen; if it did, you got my attention. You could extreme overclock under $100 if you look into phase change/peltier.
I don't think so! Not unless you get the parts for free and build it yourself!

lol... ravage parts yard for old 1/4hp compressor, a condenser, and a chunk of copper to make an evap. out of... its possible, its been done... but it takes alot of time, and especially skill to do so... hell, a homemade WC system can be done under $100 the same way - find an old heatercore, a cheap aquarium pump, and a chunk of copper to make a water block out of, but again, it takes alot of time & skill to be able to do this

See this thread for pics: http://www.ocforums.com/showpost.php?p=3734615&postcount=20

I basically relocated the 5-1/4" bay radiator to my 120mm rear exhaust fan. It was a pretty easy mod, that I'm sure any novice could do. I added gutted fan housings as shrouds and set both fans up to suck.

I also spent about $5 on 3/16" PVC tubing to replace the stock silicon tubing, which obviously won't affect temps, but now I don't have to refill every 2 weeks, plus it looks better, because it's clear. This is also an easy mod, which I suggest everyone who buys this kit do.

I also removed my IHS, as mine was making poor contact with the core. That alone dropped my temps about 10C, but had my IHS been making proper contact, I'd say my CPU temps would only be about 3C hotter than what they are now.

My next project is to take this same modded WC setup and install it in an Aspire Q-Pack case (obviously with a m-ATX mobo), with a Fortron PS. That case has a 120mm out back, so it should fit pretty good, and the acrylic panels should easily be modded for the 80mm rad. I just have to find a decent socket-939m-ATX mobo that will allow me to reach 300FSB.

Back