• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual Channel or More HTT???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chris64

Disabled
My memory is sh_t and in dual channel it wont really go past 220 without erroring out. Now in single channel it will do over 260+ for some strange reason.

So my question is should i run dual channel and keep my divider at 133 and my timings at 2.5-3-3-5 1T or...

Go single channel and go for 1 to 1 ratio and my htt will be at 260 (260x10) but i will lose my timings. They will prob be 3-4-4-7.

Memory is pc4000 crapola kingston. Right now i run 10x260 with max mem clock at 166 so memory is at like 217. 2600mhz winchester.

not sure thats an interesting question.(probably dual channel is better) why not try it both ways and test with sandra and see... btw what chipset are u using??

NF3 msi k8n neo2 , its kinda like one way or the other. I cant really decide either.

games and games only

well just did a test and in dual channel with sandra i hit 6596 6539

in single channel at 3.0-4-4-8 at 260 1 :1 it hit 4009 4011

Gautum is correct on dual channel being faster. Thats a clear bandwidth difference. ALmost 2000 points!!!

If you have pc4000 Memory that only runs at 220 MHz, you can RMA that. If they rate it at pc4000 (250 MHz), it has to hit those speeds. Kingston might come up with some stupid excuse tho, I hear they arent too friendly. Have you tried uping the voltages on it tho? I think you have to try all the settings they rate it at to get the RMA, so test it out at whatever Kingston said it will run at 250 MHz, timings, voltages, and HTT. But keep the dual channel and use the divider if you have to keep it.

Back