• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ACK! Bone to pick with Fedex...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JasonDTM

I recently ordered some memory off of newegg (OCZ EL Gold UTT BH5) shipped the 10th from Newark, arrived in Indy the 12th..... and is still there, and it arrived in Indy at early AM hours... should have went through and shipped but its still there and its 5:50PM CST where I am... same thing with my other order from newegg a month or two back, skipped Kansas (From Cali) and went straight to Indy where it sat for 3 days then arrived on the newegg estimated arrival date....

I'm not pleased, and possibly the last time I shop at newegg and have anything shipped by fedex.... It could have been faster if I knew someone in NJ and had it sent to them then ship usps........

I'm a patient person, but this is ridiculus

The EDA is there because thats when it will most likely arive. Who knows what they are doing there. If they get it to you on time I don't see what the problem is

Flip-Mode said:
Again, if it arrives on promised time then you have nothing to be mad about.

I have to say I agree 100%. Once the card is placed in Fedex's hands, as long as they deliver it on or about the Newegg promised date, your issue is with FEDEX's sort facility, not Newegg ;)

Silversinksam said:
I have to say I agree 100%. Once the card is placed in Fedex's hands, as long as they deliver it on or about the Newegg promised date, your issue is with FEDEX's sort facility, not Newegg ;)

Maybe, that is why he titled this thread, "I have a bone to pick with FedEx... (Sam, wanna borrow my glasses?) :D

Jason, I kinda agree. UPS does the same thing here. Stuff will sit in their warehouse, for as long as it takes, until the delivery date shows up.

On the other hand, I have NEVER seen FedEx do this, except on a weekend. Usually, my stuff shipped with FedEx gets here at least 1 day early.

I have a package, being shipped from Fremont Ca, with 3 day, on UPS. It was shipped on Thursday, and arrived in Phoenix, last night. It was scheduled to be delivered, on Tuesday, (which is 4 days, or 6 days, not counting the weekend) it will sit in that warehouse, until Tuesday, even though it is late, because that is what they scheduled.

Have I mentioned, I HATE UPS!!

steve

I've had stuff shipped both FedEx and UPS, and both are "guilty" of it. Sometimes it gets out the same day and it comes a day early, and sometimes it doesn't. You have to remember these warehouses are run by people. People can get sick or have emergencies and call off, leaving them short a few hands. They can get a high influx of overnight orders and they have to go out, while you, who didn't pay for overnight, get bumped to the back of the line. Since other people are paying higher premiums for faster delivery, it's only logical to assume that those get priority when yours is still within the promised delivery timeframe.

I'm sorry, though I don't see how you can expect much sympathy. As the old saying goes, you get what you pay for. If you pay for 3 day delivery, expect 3 day delivery. If you pay for overnight delivery, expect overnight delivery.

I'm not asking for sympathy... I'm wondering why the hell both my packages (Ones arrived... few months back) and other is coming, wait in Indy for 2 - 3 days then ship out???

Happens to me all the time. Gets shipped out of Newark NJ and takes 3 days to get here. I am 20 miles away from Jersey and Newark isn't that much farther. Sometimes it takes 1 day to get here. Sometimes takes 3-4 depending on when the truck leaves their sort facility and gets to ours.

UPS has almost exact delivery dates. They have it down to a science. I think FedEx takes the Scotty(from star trek of course) approach. They tell you it will take a week to get there but when it arrives in 2 days you think they are miracle workers. ;)

JT

Its all a factor of the All Mighty Dollar. If Fed EX or UPS get a rush of people wanting to Priority Over Nite their packages, they will most certainly get priority over your standard package and make you wait for an available truck. Even if you have been sitting there a day or two.

Let me try to elucidate this situation a little bit. We all know that FedEx can be horrible, as can any other company. No one is perfect and not everyone agrees with everybody's policies and so forth. FedEx can be a little bit weird with their shipping. Now mind you that the FedEx saver shipping that Newegg uses has a shipping transition time frame of 3-4 business days. When Newegg ships out your packages, we ship it the way you choose online when you order. In most cases FedEx will "containerize" their shipments, and will not open the container until it is the actual due date stated in their tracking system. This means that, for example: if you order today and we ship it today with FedEx saver, 3-5-business days would mean that it would either be delivered on Fri or Mon. If the package arrived in your city on Thursday they wouldn't open the container until at least Friday. We know this can be a bit frustrating; which, is why we have decided to look for other shipping avenues other than just only FedEx. This also applies to the FedEx 2-day shipping method, and 1-day methods.

We greatly apologize for any inconvenience caused by this, and if there is any order that we can look into; please feel free to PM me with the information. We will be sure to look into the issue and respond to you accordingly.

Thank You,

Jason, Newegg Customer Support

Nice to see Newegg on the forums :thup:

My wife worked at Fed-Ex for 5 years, so i have a pretty good idea of how it works because i too always complain about them too :p But bassically Sat/Sun are NOT days in the Fed-Ex week unless specifically paid for (Which Newegg does not). Therefore if something is to say be ordered on a Friday, and shipped on Friday, the 3-4 day Saver shipping would not even be in effect over the weekend even if it shows the package sitting in another city. What people (myself included) fail to realize is that each station processes MANY MANY packages a day, all of which are done with a series of "belts" which are read by machines, not humans, therefore if your package is in a "can" that isn't due for 3-4 days means that it WILL sit there until they have to get to it. 99/100 times Fed-Ex will meet their commit date, but they don't typically go out of their way to get things to you early. Their big business is Priority Overnight, therefore they are going to unload those cans first because they have the earlier commite date. If you want it overnight or Saturday deleivery, you'll need to suck up and pay for it, otherwise you're getting 3-4 day class service.

Back