• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lukek

Registered
So I put together my system today and when I booted it up for the first time, I received this message:
The system is running in single channel mode when you plus dimm module in Dimm1 Please install 2 RAM modules into DIM2&4 for dual channnel option.

Luke

The memory is OCZ EL Platinum Revision 2 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit System Memory - Retail

Runs on a DFI Ultra D

Make sure one stick is in the second slot and one is in the fourth. Also check your bios settings.

Does it have to be in the 2/4, b/c the memory wont fit in the 4th slot due to my xp-120

update to the latest bios you have the 3/10 bios which is crap. Get the 5/10 bios 5/10-1 or 5/10-3 is your best bet unless that stuff is utt then you should get 5/10-2. Download links are on www.dfi-street.com and don't worry I got the same error it means you are running in single channel now so flash the bios and you will be fine.

Should I change it to dual? If so, how do I do it?

Luke

Went to the site, but I cant seem to find the files...

stupid question, but how do I get into the windows prompt after I restart?

Back