• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Faulty RAM?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jzmagic

Registered
ive been having computer freezes during benchmark programs and games, with no response to any actions whatsoever, so the only thing i can do is push reset button or hold the power button to shut my comp down. i got 2 gigs of ddr2 mem hooked up. when i check event viewer, theres one thing that goes like this:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000fe (0x00000002, 0x87018008, 0x86fd3208, 0x897bf458). A full dump was not saved.

could faulty RAM be the culprit?

with EVEREST and the mobo driver utility, my cpu temps are 32 idle and 50 under load/playing game. my gfx card idles at 42 and is 60 at load. unfortunately, i dont have a floppy drive installed yet. is there any other way to test mem?

ic, one question. could it be that my gfx card got messed up? i tried ocing it before, and used ATI tool to find out max mem and core speeds. once it got max mem core speed at 540, it shuts down. i ran it a coupla times. do u think i somehow damaged my gfx card?

Back