• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BI Pro 2, BIX2 or ThermoChill HE120.2 with 2 120mm San Ace 109R1212H101 fans @ 7v?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shraad

Registered
BI Pro 2, BIX2 or ThermoChill HE120.2 with 2 120mm San Ace 109R1212H101 fans @ 7v?

Would I be sucking enough air with those 2 fans to warrant purchasing the BIX2 or ThermoChill HE120.2? What performance gain, if any, would there be over the BI Pro 2? The fans will be connected to a Sunbeam Rheobus so that I can crank it for optimum performance/cooling or optimum noise reduction. I think that most of the time I will be running the fans at 7V though.

I will using the rad with an MCP600 and LR Cu G4 1/2". Just looking to cool the CPU now with the possibility of cooling 1 6800GT in the near future and 2 6800GTs in SLI in the distant future. CPU is an A64 3200+ w/Venice core.

Or should I just save some $$$ and get a Dual Heatercore and fabricate a shroud? All of this is going into a CM Stacker. I do want to keep the noise level as low as possible.

TIA for comments, opinions, suggestions.

Two video cards and a cpu might be to much for a BIP. If your going to cool all those things I would go with the BIX2 or ThermoChill.

if noise reduction is the priority then i'd stick with the pro (if i'm right in thinking you already have one?) as it offers less air resistance and hence is friendlier to quiet fans...

other options may have become available by the time you add the gfx card(s) to the loop as people are working on 120mm rads along the lines of the 160.1 iirc

your choice of core will be limited in a stacker afaik (assuming you're planning on it going in the 5.25" bays...)

mcp655 (aka dd D5) is quieter than the mcp600 iirc (and can also be turned up/down....)

Right now I'm running one of my 120mm San Aces @ 7V through a D-Tek Pro 120 Heatercore in a CM Wavemaster and I'm looking for something a little more quiet. I can't hear my MCP600 over the fan actually; it's gotta be a combination of the case and fan/rad setup right now. I opened up my MCP600 just to get a look at the internals and when I put it back together, it was siginificantly quieter; I hope I didn't screw something up to lessen its output.

Do you have a link to the 160.1?

I'm going to wait to watercool the gfx card(s) until I see more 6800 compatible waterblocks out there. By then, I'll probably run the MCP600 in series with an MCP655 and dedicate a 2nd PS to the cooling system.

And yes, I'm looking to fit the core into the 5.25" bays.

Link to the PA160. Very interesting Rad, wish I had got one before I got my HE120.2. Gives the best performance with low flow fans. Fitting it in a Stacker will require some cutting.

There are plenty of 6800compatible blocks. Just get a Maze 4 and some Ramsinks.

Cutting my Stacker is certainly something I do not want to do. Because price is an issue at this time and I need to have my cooling rig up and running ASAP, I think I'm just going to purchase the BIX II. The PA160 looks great and I wish I could get one but it'd be even nicer to have a single-pass core that fits 2 120mm fans and also fits in 5.25" bays. The fan controller from Sidewinder Computers looks very appealling; 7V-12V control is perfect.

Back