• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where can I get the D5?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xb1az3x

I really want to get the D5 pump for my watercooling system and the only place i can find it with a good price is voyeurmods.com but i cant get through checkout because there is some kind of error with zipcodes or somethng and i cant find anyway to finish the checkout. Are there any other places that have this thing in stock?

Thanks for the replies but those places are either priced a lot higher than voyeur mods or out of stock. In crazy pc's case theyre at a good price but on backorder and god knows how long it will be until they are able to start sending them out. Well i might wait until voyeur mods fixes its estore.

Is $5 really that much more to spend to get it from another vendor? Have you thought of calling Voyeur Mods, telling them your predicament, and seeing if you could order by phone? Of course making a long distance phone call would probably cancel out the $5 cheaper price.

ZachM said:
Is $5 really that much more to spend to get it from another vendor? Have you thought of calling Voyeur Mods, telling them your predicament, and seeing if you could order by phone? Of course making a long distance phone call would probably cancel out the $5 cheaper price.

Exactly, $5. Danger Den have them in stock. as do sidewinder last time I checked.

I guess your right. Im being too much of a tightwad :). Ill go ahead and order it from one of those places.

Thanks for your help fellas.

OK, now that we're all happy about pumps... I wish some distributor in the US would order the new Thermochill 40mm shrouds.... <sigh>

according to nikhsub1, they're worth every penny - decrease noise & increase performance... only thing is that they make the radiator like 8" thick with 38mm fans on both sides... thats just too much bulk for me, so im stickin' to my regular 10mm shrouds

Sneaky said:
according to nikhsub1, they're worth every penny - decrease noise & increase performance... only thing is that they make the radiator like 8" thick with 38mm fans on both sides... thats just too much bulk for me, so im stickin' to my regular 10mm shrouds
I was thinking to compromise and use a 40mm shroud on the push side (where it's most useful) and leave the 10mm one on the pull side. When they become available I'll probably do some experimentation....

MVC said:
I was thinking to compromise and use a 40mm shroud on the push side (where it's most useful) and leave the 10mm one on the pull side. When they become available I'll probably do some experimentation....

Why is it more useful on the push side?

whitebloodcell said:
Why is it more useful on the push side?
Moving the fan further away from what it's blowing against minimizes the effect of the dead spot in the center of the fan on the push side. On the pulling side the fan is creating a vacuum so the dead spot doesn't have as great an impact as it does when pushing--though moving the fan further away from the radiator does provide an improvment. So, if you have to choose only one side to put a larger shroud on, using it on the push side will give the largest performance boost.

Back