• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrading to TCCD/TCC5 worth it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pollux

I'm currently using 2x512mb Corsair XMS PC3200c2 rev1.2 (Winbond CH-6). The max fsb I can get stable is around 220-225 (with 2.5-3-3-11 timings), no higher. Would it be worth it to sell this ram (I'd probably get round $90 for the pair) to get some OCZ PC3200 platinum el for $180?

How high can you get your FSB to as it stands? Would be safe to say the TCC5 will do at least ~260/2.5-3-3-*. If that fits your current setup, then it seems like a fairly worthwhile upgrade. Personally i would look into upgrading my motherboard/CPU combo first if i was you. I don't see your memory as being the bottleneck here.

Sucka said:
How high can you get your FSB to as it stands? Would be safe to say the TCC5 will do at least ~260/2.5-3-3-*. If that fits your current setup, then it seems like a fairly worthwhile upgrade. Personally i would look into upgrading my motherboard/CPU combo first if i was you. I don't see your memory as being the bottleneck here.

I really dont plan on upgrading at all for at least another year. When my soft-modded 6800 is no longer sufficient to run new games to my liking, I will upgrade to a PCI-express system. Basically, as long as my 6800 lasts will be as long as my cpu/mobo will last. I dont want to upgrade my mobo unless it's pci-e. I'm CONSIDERING upgrading my memory since it is holding me back. I know my mobo and cpu are capable of more.

Back