• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LGA775 water block recommendations

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

batboy

Senior Moment
Thinking of getting a socket LGA775 water block. I already have a Swiftech socket 478 watercooling system. Obviously, I looked at the Swifty blocks first. The MCW6002 for LGA775 is reasonably priced at $40. Is there a significantly better choice? Looks like Dangerden has a couple models available (RBX and TDX), but they cost more. Don't know much about 'em.

I've been recommending the MCW6002, and that's what I picked up for myself. It has a good CW rating while maintaining good flowrates. Something like the DTek WW might have slightly better performance, but the two outlets can be a little inconvenient.

I don't really like the TDX and RBX. Poly tops are a bit sketchy, and I think they look funny. The MCW6002 is a great bang for your buck block, and with a solid peice construction you don't have to worry about leaks. All copper, and adaptable with simple hold down plates.

That mounting plate is only for the MCW6000 or MCW6002. Unless that's what you have already, batboy, which I don't think you do...

I currently have a Swiftech 5000 series block, so the adaptor won't work. Johan, you pretty much said what I was thinking. Dangerden has a good reputation, but those TDX and RBX water blocks just look goofy to me. I like the price of the Swiftech and they seem to be solidly built. I'll look at the DTek Whitewater just so I feel like I checked out all viable options. Thanks guys.

Edit: is there a 2 barb DTek block? I'm only seeing 3 barb blocks.

Last edited:
batboy said:
I currently have a Swiftech 5000 series block, so the adaptor won't work. Johan, you pretty much said what I was thinking. Dangerden has a good reputation, but those TDX and RBX water blocks just look goofy to me. I like the price of the Swiftech and they seem to be solidly built. I'll look at the DTek Whitewater just so I feel like I checked out all viable options. Thanks guys.

Edit: is there a 2 barb DTek block? I'm only seeing 3 barb blocks.

The WW is 3 barbed only :shrug:

Yeah, three-barb is the only option. That's why I mentioned that it's a bit more awkward of a solution. I found the MCW6002 a little more elegant. I already have a WW, and could just get a mounting adapter to move it over to LGA775, but I chose to completely change blocks instead. Having the Y in my system is a bit of a hassle, although that might not be the case for everyone.

Back