• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New PolarFlo acrylic tops are out

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jeff Moser

The new PolarFlo Acrylic tops are out can be gotten HERE
cpu-l-300.jpg

hookmount-5-500.jpg

That's some nice looking kit there!
I like the clean mounting hardware on that chipset block..doesn't look nearly as ghetto as some of the ready-made's I've seen.

Do ya know if there's some in the hands of OC.com or Procooling for review?

Electron Chaser said:
Even though I don't care for acrylic top waterblocks those are really nice

Was always under the impression that acrylic tops will crack eventually no matter what so I second that.

yeah, thoes look really nice, but is it really just acrylic? not even polycarbonate or lucite? thats a recipe for disaster

i've never really cared for clear-topped water blocks because of the fact that clear plastic + water cooling = just doesn't last

Companies are moving away from plastic tops and Polarflo is moving in. Y are they always so behind in their designs?

I've been using Lexan exclusively here at STASIS for prototyping, and if we were to market a production part, it would either be all metal or have a Lexan top. I don't trust other plastics...however thick they may be.

I suppose Delrin would be an option, as well as Kynar. Lol...solid Teflon would be reliable but too costly. :bang head

delrin/acetal would be a very good option for tops on blocks... its used frequently in the paintball industry, plus its what cathar made his g5 top & mid plates out of

but i gotta agree with you situman... polarflo is so behind on designs/technology

Back