• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4 Picks for cheap TCCD on A64 system?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ap673

I have the Patriot and its running at 270 MHz at those timings right now. YMMV, of course.

/edit:

Though they are more expensive the G.Skill LC and LE are guaranteed to run at 275MHz at 2.5-4-4 and 2.5-3-3, respectively. And by more expensive I mean $236 and $256 for gig sets.

and then there's the OCZ PC4800: guaranteed to run at 300MHz at 2.5-4-4 right out of the box.

Last edited:
Ya I think I might either go with the OCZ EL Rev2's or PDP XBL. Do the TCC5 chips still use Brainpower PCB?

I got that OCZ PC3200 Plat. EL, its TCC5 and does 300fsb with 3-4-4-8 timings and 2.9 - 3.0volts.

I have been running a set of Patriot XBLK $185 for about
two weeks now at 275 x 9 2.5-3-3-8 runs great. I went
with the Patriot because they were cheaper and I heard
good things about them. You wont be sorry....

Sam

CCUABIDExORxDIE said:
yes they do, brainpower is alot more readily available, as its cheaper then jedec, so more companies, like twinmos have opted to use it.

Interesting....... I have 6 pieces of TwinMOS ram and all use Jedec.

answering the other question about PQI..... I have 4 sticks of the old TCCD ram. They are good up to about 280-285 2.5-3-3-7. Haven't been able to get them to boot up over 295 no matter how I set the timings or voltage.

how old is the twinmos you have? i based that response on the pictures ive seen on the newegg website, if you look, you can tells its BP, cause theres nothing going on in the middle of the gap in the 2 blobs of ic's and its a low profile pcb, with the chips going to the top.

20-218-405-01.JPG

Back