• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temps of Controller on p4c800e-deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

funboy

Registered
High folks, just got my asus board a few days ago. Setup is in my signature. Temps seem okay i suppose on CPU and so, but SpeedFan does have 2temps showing at 127°C which i assume is impossible anyways. But my question is, should the heatsink on the controller on the mobo get so hot to where i can burn the back of my finger on it? I mean this baby is really hot.

I am assuming by controller you are refering to the north-bridge? That is the heatsink that should be right below your CPU heatsink and above your video-card. I did not know that they get that hot on the ASUS boards.

You might want to think about upgrading to an aftermarket cooling solution such as the swiftech MCX159-P. If you can keep your northbridge cool it should help with your FSB OC's.

Also another option is to simply fix a 40mm fan overtop of the NB cooler.

Thanks for the tip. Yes i was referring to the Northbridge. Now all i have to do is locate a MCX159-P here in Switzerland... What a pain!!! So far i have only found passive cooling solutions.. Anyways, thanks again.

yep, i must admitt, just started overclocking about 1 week ago. Before I had all of this in a dell8300 so i didnt have the chance to OC. Got any suggestions for me? I know I need to get new memory but no cash right now since i just bought the case, mobo, psu, heatsink, and the raptor drive. the computer seems to run stable at 230 stable but fails prime95 so i assume it is my memory that can't keep up. Right now i got 2xkingston, 1xhyundai, 1xNanya Tech. All pc3200 with all the same SPD timing tables.

Back