• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1x120 Rad with 2 fans??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
it probably wouldnt hurt the cooling capacity at all. but i dont think it'll increase performance that much, or enough to combat the increase in noise you'll aquire with 2 120mm fans.

I found on my own system that it didnt improve performance, it just allowed me to run the fans slower (lower voltage) to decrease noise levels with no performance loss.

not likely, imo
cooling that many blocks in a loop requires at least a 120.2 i would say. if u went with a single rad u might have high temps

citronym said:
not likely, imo
cooling that many blocks in a loop requires at least a 120.2 i would say. if u went with a single rad u might have high temps

I cooled a XP-M @ 1.85V, a volt modded 9700pro, as well as the NB on my last system, all on a single 120mm core.

only one way to find out then i suppose. i couldnt cool that many devices on a single loop, but my cpu puts out a lot more heat than the mobile athlon does.

Another single fan heatercore user here. Just call us the silent majority :)

I'm cooling an overclocked AMD XP-barton and an overclocked 9700 pro. I use a 25% anti-freeze mixture, have more than a foot of 3/8 ID tubing in my loop, use an old aquarium pump, and my system folds 24/7. With all of those downsides and challenges, it is extremely stable and the CPU temps never leave the 40s. Hell, my kids can't break it playing old and new games on it all day.

Back