• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Circuit City SUCKS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Drec

Aye so i bought one of those portable MPEG/MP3 players from them on 5/07, the 20GB one by RCA, this thing wansn't to cheap, $425 after taxes, i used it the first few days put some tv shows on it and whatnot, then i got pretty busy and didn't bother with it.

till now, i mainly bought it for MP3s, it was either this or the 20GB Ipod so i went with this, i put some music on it, and the load times for even 1 song are horrible. i actually timed it out to make sure it wasn't my imagination and to load 1 3MB song it took 3:34 seconds from the time i hit play to the time the song started. This is totally not acceptable, imagine if it took your mp3 player 3 minutes to load each song, when loading playlists it takes even longer, but once the playlist is loaded it does play continuosly, but i like to actually go and pick my songs and change alot, so this thing is pretty useless to me, the video part works pretty good. but audio sucks. :bang head

Now i realize it's not CC's fault, but they boast so much about "Customer Satisfaction" you'd think they would help out a customer that is truely unsatisfied, even though he missed out on the return policy by a week?

Nope. both the guys i talked to pretty much told me that it's not broken and im SOL(After of course telling me CC is there to make sure the customer is happy). I told them i'd glady pay the restocking fee or take store credit, but nope. :temper:

So i sent RCA an email maybe their customer service is good, i can't see RCA actually refunding me what i paid, since they would actually be losing money. maybe they'll give me credit on their e-store or somthing.

i'm never buying from CC city again, probally won't buy anything from RCA either.

C0oLl2iCef0o said:
Should've researched a little before dropping a little less than half a grand on something

i did, and i was aware of most peoples complaints, every review i read said it was picky about what movie files it played, they said darker movies where a little pixelated and the battery life was lower then advertised, all of this i was OK with because i wa mainly going to use it for Audio.

You would think they would at least exchange it? Hopefully RCA will do some type of RMA on it for you. Can't you try another CC or escalate the issue to a manager?

I went to the store and they looked up my recipt, said it has been over 30 days, and she couldn't do a thing about it, it's agaisnt their policy, she gave me the 800 number to call, i called it and talked to one guy who just asked if it was broken, it's not broken its just a horrible product that shouldn't even be sold, he told me the 30 days thing, and i asked to be transfered to someone else, the other guy said the same thing and gave me a number for RCA.
:shrug:

update: Got and email from RCA, telling me to call, their closed right now so i'll call tomorrow, hope they can work somthing out.

Taking 3:34 seconds to load a song sure sounds like it's broken to me. When you talk to RCA, tell them that you believe it must be defective because no mp3 player should behave like that.

Slackfumasta said:
Taking 3:34 seconds to load a song sure sounds like it's broken to me. When you talk to RCA, tell them that you believe it must be defective because no mp3 player should behave like that.
thats what i thought, but i've found lots of other people with the same problems, apparently these where released before they where done, with many features disabled, and everyone had to rely on firmware updates. It is just a horrible product, i rarley regret doing anything but i regret getting this over an Ipod, the video feature just made it so damn appealing.

so its not that its "broken" it's just RCA has horrible programmers.

wheres SSS :) ?

Once it kicks past 15/30(Whatever's on the recept) days it's RCAs problem. Not CCs fault. Why the hell do you think they put those exchange dates on there? Only way they would even try to help you would be if you had the City Advantage plan.

Cerberus2k7 said:
Once it kicks past 15/30(Whatever's on the recept) days it's RCAs problem. Not CCs fault. Why the hell do you think they put those exchange dates on there? Only way they would even try to help you would be if you had the City Advantage plan.

they put thos exchange dates on there so people don't "rent" stuff for free, i can't blame them but c'mon it was 4 days overdue when i went in there, i showed the girl how long it took to load a song, so obviously im not trying to screw CC outta money or nothing, i offered to pay the 15% restocking fee or/and take store credit.

Back