• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WC setup perfected FINALLY!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hung

jesus, for months now, ive been suffering from bad temps like a mother trucker. just let me give you guys a crucial bit of advice, ARCTIC SILVER 5 IS VERY PICKY ON HOW YOU APPLY IT! for years now, ive been spreading it, but this time i just poored the dot on the cpu and let the block do the work, im sure that was a big prob i had, even though people told me, check the as5, check the as5, i was like, idiots i already did that! oh man, I APOLIGIZE! LOL

anywho, heres my setup
swiftech mcp650 -> dual 120mm hc (unknown brand) -> swiftech 6002 s478 block -> danger den maze 4 gfx block

whew, you guys convinced me to get rid of my chipset block which was a good thing, and now im just gonna cool is passively, saved me $$ as well :)

pic 1:
you can see the elbows i used, so now, my setup is absolutely kink free, so bends anywhere. and then theres that fatty T line which was a success, fill it, turn on pump, turn off, fill it, turn on pump, turn off, repeat, i forgot who told me about this technique so thanks. (reservoirs suck!!)
btw: if you look closely, i moved my hds up to my cd roms with some hd i found in some old dell lol.

pics 2:
you can sorta see the hc but not really since i blacked it out as hell lol, and the vantec 4 fan controller (3.5 version) is sitting above my psu)

for the t line i used a 1/2" OD barbed one end with a 1/2" threaded fitting on the other end, and i used a copper cap to screw onto the top to seal the t line

tell me what you guys think, and any suggestions for improvement are appreciated :) good day!

Attachments

• wc 1.jpg
    wc 1.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 238
  • wc 2.jpg
    wc 2.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 182
The_WRATH said:
and then theres that fatty T line which was a success, fill it, turn on pump, turn off, fill it, turn on pump, turn off, repeat, i forgot who told me about this technique so thanks. (reservoirs suck!!)

Told you it works good. :)

yeah, and so are elbows, didnt want to wait for hoses :p

LOL thanks fighter! hehe
thx for the remarks guys

OH! ALMOST FORGOT
temps:
31c idle
35c load
ambient (summer) temp is 73-75F
i used sis sandra burn in wizard like 100 time so far, but isnt there a program for you to JUST burn in your cpu? forget what its called, err, burnin? lol

hopefully i can hold on to this kit for another year, then go with that budget water chilling :)

theres several programs people use to burn in cpu's. prime95 is one, stresscpu is another. both seem to work very well

Looks really good! I'm glad you finally ironed out the heat issue with AS5. I spread it once with almost disastrous results, than i followed the instructions =P

Let us know what the temps are when you can!

~ Gos

gotta quick ?:
whenever the system turns off, the water level in my T goes up, but when the system turns on it goes back down, should i just leave the cap on cause when i do that, no matter what, the water level stays down, and the water is inside the loop, my system is bled of course :)

I use cpuburn and run two instances, maxes out my cpu usage at 100%. oh and nice setup! I am waiting on some parts to switch my wc rig to a cmstacker.

The_WRATH said:
gotta quick ?:
whenever the system turns off, the water level in my T goes up, but when the system turns on it goes back down, should i just leave the cap on cause when i do that, no matter what, the water level stays down, and the water is inside the loop, my system is bled of course :)

I'd leave the cap on, but then I don't like spills. I'll bet your system isn't completely bled since the T-line level changes. Water is an incompressable fluid, but air will compress and that's what is causing the volume differences. Don't worry, be happy :D Give it a few days. You'll see the level drop as the tiny bubbles work themselves out. Monitor then refill as needed. You should also notice the pump noise dropping as the system closes in on air-free coolant.

It is a nice system and should work well for you.

Prime95 is a good stress test. I do that for 30 minutes to test a new overclock then procede to folding. If you really want to stress test and do some good at the same time, go visit the Folding at Home section of the forum. That program will show you if your system is really stable or not. When you've folded successfully for a month or two 24/7 without any computer reboots or hang-ups then I'd think about calling it stable :D

This is excellent, and will be a similar setup to how I'm doing mine. You've finally convinced me to go to a T-line, instead of a reservoir. I noticed as well that the pump does run quieter if it has absolutely no air in it. Nicely done.

The_WRATH said:
gotta quick ?:

The air in the top of yor T-line is able to expand, so when the pump kicks in it creates a negative pressure effect on the air in the T. What happens is you get some slight expansion in your tubing (if you use really soft tubing like silicon tubing, or Tygon or thin walled tubing), this in turn sucks in some extra coolant into the loop from the T line, nothign to worry about, its workign as intended.

thx jas, gungeek, and everyone else

ok this why i think my setup is a success, its in the form of a circular motion, the flow goes in a circle, as you can see, the pump is on the bottom, the hc is to the right, the swift block is up top, the gfx block is to the left, and then back down to the pump, see, a circle,
ive always noticed people making the pump work extra hard to go left right sideways, upwards, downwards, and all these crazy loops and stuff, it should just flooooow. LOL, thats how i look at it :)

Back