• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Preliminary results for Corsair 4400C25PT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

coustang

Preliminary results for Corsair 4400C25PT *Now with ERRORS*

ERRORS! See post #6.

I got my Corsair 4400C25PT in the mail today and threw them in my rig.

-Rig
Case: Antec Super Lanboy
Mobo: Asus P4P800-E Deluxe socket 478
CPU: Prescott 3.0
GPU: XFX 6600 GT W/ Zalman
PSU: Enermax 431

With some preliminary tests done on Memtest the max I could get without errors is *283Mhz @ 2.85V Ambient Temp ~25C* -Just 3Mhz shy of what Anandtech was able to get with their setup.

I tested on 2.55, 2.65 and 2.75 vots but netted the highest Mhz at 2.85V

I also tried lowering the timings to 2.5-3-3-7, as well as each individual timing. The result was errors.

Last edited:
I've been running mine at 275 MHz, but after seeing this thread I thought I'd test my max. I have my timings at stock and Vdimm at 2.85v. At 287 MHz I pass 8 and 5 put at 288 I get an error on 8. I ran an 8 million Super Pi with the HTT at 287 and passed. Just some preliminaries, but I think it will work out. I'll run Prime 95 all night tonight and check for errors.

jjv687 said:
I think it will work out. I'll run Prime 95 all night tonight and check for errors.
Them's some decent numbers. I too will do more testing tonight.
Maybe I can tighten these timings a bit after a good burn-in. :shrug:

ERROR! ERROR!

Weird things are happening here. My ram seems Memtest stable like I said in my first post. However, I tried starting up Aquamark and found that there is something seriously wrong. There are large skinny triangles (simular to artifacts) all over the screen, and various crashes. I'm going to set EVERYTHING back to default and start from there.

HousERaT said:
What chips does that memory use? Those are some nice numbers for an Intel system.
If I can get this Aquamark problem all sorted out, then I will pull off the heatspreader and find out for you.

Memtest sucks. Super Pi and Prime95 are better. 3D Mark 05 is prolly the hardest your system will work. Run Aquamark at the stock speeds and see how it works.

Had to lower my OC to 286 MHz. Aquamark crapped at 287. I really need to get 3D '05 to test my system out..

Last edited:
jjv687 said:
Run Aquamark at the stock speeds and see how it works.
Alright. I've set EVERYTHING back to default. That includes the Bios (excepting the memory, obviously), uninstalling Riva Tuner, and finally reverting to 71.89 Nvidia drivers (Yes, I properly uninstalled and cleaned).

@2.85v Aquamark will run stably with my memory at ~250Mhz.
@2.75v Same.

Is it time for an RMA?
Is there something else I could change?

Aquamark wont run stably at 275 MHz? You might have to increase your CPU voltage. I dont know much about intel systems so I dont know what all the memory speed is related to.

jjv687 said:
Aquamark wont run stably at 275 MHz? You might have to increase your CPU voltage. I dont know much about intel systems so I dont know what all the memory speed is related to.
Ok, when I ran those tests with Aquamark my settings were as follows...

STABLE
CPU/MEMORY Divider- 4:5
CPU FSB- 200FSB @3.0Ghz
Memory- 250Mhz 2.5-4-4-8
CPU voltage- 1.50 (That's decent, but not the reason for unstability)
Mem voltage- 2.85

UNSTABLE
CPU/MEMORY Divider- 4:5
CPU FSB- 210FSB @3.15Ghz
Memory- 262.5Mhz 2.5-4-4-8
CPU voltage- Same
Mem voltage- Same

Last edited:
I had the same Aquamark problem as you. Sometimes it would shut down, other times I had the artifacts. That was at 275mhz 2.9vdimm. I ended up returning the ram and ordered some OCZ Gold BH-die. I gave up on the x14 multi and decided to go tight timings at 231mhz.

I had mine running at 284 MHz and my computer reset. I just dropped it to 280 MHz and so far its good. I ran Prime 95 last night for a few hours and it was fine. I'm gonna put a fan blowing across my memory so nothing gets too hot and I'll try going back to 285 or something.

Well, it looks like an RMA is in order. Not prime stable, not Pi 8M stable, not aquamark stable.

So for everyone that has this memory - What's the fastest you got it running at, at what voltage and timings? I know I can run at 278 Mhz on 2.8v with default timings stable. I'm trying out 285 MHz with 2.85v on Prime 95 all night tonight. Who knows, maybe I'll get up to 289 and get 2.6 GHz on my CPU without dividers :)

Back