• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how cold

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
On a normal water cooling system condensation is impossible. Something has to be below ambiant temperature for condensation to form. You'd have to chill the water somehow to get condensation to form in a water cooling system.

Bios24 said:
On a normal water cooling system condensation is impossible. Something has to be below ambiant temperature for condensation to form. You'd have to chill the water somehow to get condensation to form in a water cooling system.

Exactly unless you are using a water chiller the best temp you could hope for in water cooling is ambient. Which makes condensation an impossibilty. However a leak... well that is something else entirely.

Electron Chaser said:
Exactly unless you are using a water chiller the best temp you could hope for in water cooling is ambient. Which makes condensation an impossibilty. However a leak... well that is something else entirely.
Why I stick with air cooling. :cool:

Yes, under normal circumstances, a watercooling system cannot cause condensation. Using room temp air to cool your radiator, the water will always be slightly above the air temp, because there are no perfect or better than perfect radiators.

My radiator is in the chilly basement, so the water is 13.5C. I use a heatercore in my case to bring the case air down to a lower temp to prevent condensation (I built the tight case).

Here's a chart that someone posted here once (and I copied)..room temp on the left, humidity along the top. Use this incase you're planning on using a more extreme form of watercooling. (click on it to get the full size)

condensationchart.gif

Back