• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dell & DHL = A+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sandrock

I ordered a digital camera from dell late last week. Got a pretty good deal on it too. Anyways, the camera wasn't supposed to ship until tomorrow 6/17, but it ARRIVED today 6/16 - I'm very impressed with that! Great price on a great camera and awesome shipping. Couldn't ask for more :p

Yep my buddy ordered a PC-DL on ebay and the guy shipped with DHL. He had it in under a day! That is just insane :eek:.

Also can anyone confirm this for me, is DHL the new Loomis?

I work at a shipping store, and we've started shipping with DHL. Great service and VERY competitive rates. Haven't had a problem with them as a carrier so far, and it's nice to give UPS and FedEx some competition.

Every order I have gotten from Thinkgeek has shipped DHL, and I always get the item 4 days earlier than expected. I'm always very pleased with the Service of DHL. :)

I have a similarly outstanding experience with Dell recently. I ordered my Dell i6000 and expected it to be shipped by the 22nd. I received it on the 13th instead and am happily posting from it now. All I can say is A+, great service, and I'm very happy.

Not to threadjack.

I will have to put up a negative on DHL. Where we are located, ~30mi from a major city, DHL uses private couriers to deliver packages. This always relates to an extra day or two for a package to arrive. So, if an item is shipped overnight, I will usually get it 2-3 days later instead of overnight. This is most likely caused by the local courier, and not completely DHLs fault, but I will have to say that I am disappointed with DHL for doing this.

bchur was this experience pre or post merger with airborne express. before neither company had enough manpower to compete with fedex and ups especially in rural and suburban areas, however now that the two have merged it seems Dhl's quality and service have improved.

snvpa said:
bchur was this experience pre or post merger with airborne express. before neither company had enough manpower to compete with fedex and ups especially in rural and suburban areas, however now that the two have merged it seems Dhl's quality and service have improved.

This has been within the last two months. It was all due to Warranty work from Dell. They overnighted the replacement parts that I needed, but it took 3 days to get to me.

Back