• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sanyo Denkis for Quiet

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MVC

With three computers in my living room running 24/7 I needed to create some quiet so I found these :clap: and they arrived today. They'll get their first test run in a couple weeks when I transfer the air cooled system currently in my Sonata into a new V1200 with water cooling (the V1200 is ordered as is a Thermochill 120.3 and D5, and I'll be using the RBX and Maze 4 currently in my V2100 which'll be spare parts after I install the G5 and NV-68). If these fans work out well in the new case, I'll re-do the V2100 also. Maybe if I get these machines nice and quiet I can build a fourth one.... dual dual-cored Opterons would be a nice project as soon as they're available and the price comes down a bit.

Attachments

• 2005-06-16 - 024s.jpg
    2005-06-16 - 024s.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 135
johan851 said:
What are the airflow/noise specs on those?
102 CFM at 39 dB. Here's the link to the Sanyo Denki site http://www.sanyo-denki.com/Products/Cooling Fans/Online Catalog/LinkedPages/san.pdf

Yes, they're the 119mm x 119mm x 38mm (and I have no idea why Sanyo Denki made them 119mm rather than 120mm...).

Actually 20 fans isn't all that many if you think about it. Six for the radiator, and an intake and exhaust is 8 per case and I'm hoping to do at least two cases with these if they're as nice and quiet as I hope (I will be running them at 7v). So, that's 16 which leaves me 4 spares. But, I got a pretty good deal on these so I actually bought 2 cases of them, I've got at least one other project in mind and I figured I could always sell what I don't use.

Last edited:
Oh, those. I've got a couple of those sitting on my desk. The picture had me confused, and I thought they were 80mm. They ARE nice fans, highly recommended.

Where'd you get them? After DockGuys stopped selling them on EBay, I haven't been able to find them anywhere except in the classifides.

those are nice. wish they were BLUE LED varations.

or i might have to just go with 2 black fans and put 2 extra cold cathodes in my case..... hhhmmmmm....

Yeah these are the Dockguy/Electronic Goldmine San Ace fans. They flow really well, and have good pressure. They aren't exactly quiet. At 12v they are loud, and at 7v there is still a noticable whoosh, but that's unavoidable. I can tolerate them at 7v just fine, but others find them unacceptably loud. You could go down to 5v to really get them silent. I don't know how much air they flow at that speed though.

Achilles17 said:
Where'd you get them? After DockGuys stopped selling them on EBay, I haven't been able to find them anywhere except in the classifides.
They're back on ebay, $70 a case.

Back