• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

why pay more?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Steve's trying to find out the maximum VDimm for OCZ Value. Any idea how many volts you can push through Twinmos SP and still be able to RMA it if it goes south?

Whoa, is that Value still the "VX" stuff? I thought they called it "Value VX" and it was rated at 3-4-4-*?! I remember my set was rated at that...it was horrible too.

Neither of those sticks is warrantied past 3v. This is value ram people and should be treated as such. The TwinMOS ram is UTT (right now mostly bh-die).

speed bump said:
I would pay about $120 for the Mushkin blues at frys since those do better than alot of the other value ram available. Also do you have the volts to make some UTT fly?

have 1gb of OCZ Value RAM. It has UTT chips on it. I've had it run 5-2-2-2 with 3.0v at 210mhz. Never went further, it was just in a dual Xeon setup used for folding. No need for a crazy high FSB for folding.

I have up to 3.3 available, and I only need -2-2-5 at 225mhz or so

speed bump said:
I would pay about $120 for the Mushkin blues at frys since those do better than alot of the other value ram available.
I've been considering those, but I've heard a couple reports that they don't OC as well now as they did before Mushkin came out with redline. That would make sense if all the best chips go into the high performance product.

For cheaper stuff i would go with the TwinMOS Speed Premium but if you want the best UTT-BH i'd go with OCZ PC3200 Gold or G.Skill GH.

I tried once. I got RAM that only ran CAS 3 on 3.8v.

Its not worth the gamble. Especially when you can get a guranteeded 250 2-2-2-5 for $160.

{PMS}fishy said:

Its not worth the gamble. Especially when you can get a guranteeded 250 2-2-2-5 for $160.

OCZ Gold or VX?

{PMS}fishy said:
PC4000 GOLD VX.

Doing a little advertising? By the way that ram had done some amazing stuff you might start bugging fishy.

By the way the Mushkin Blues seem to have come back up again becuase Mushkins handled the initial rush of redlines however you still need to know that the blues are untested.

{PMS}fishy said:

With the right amount of voltage most any UTT-BH will do 250 2-2-2-5. With some it just takes more voltage then others. You also need to make sure you burn the chips in good because it really helps with high voltage chips.

Back