• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-8IPE1000 Pro2 FPS problem?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Careface

Heya, I'm posting for a friend of mine who owns the GA-8IPE1000 Pro2 and is having very low fps problems with this board and im wondering if people can relate/advise as to what to do.. the specs of his system are:

P4 3.2 Prescott (water cooled)
2*512mb DDR400 dual channel
Radeon 9600XT 256MB

While playing unreal tournament 2004, we noticed that the fps was struggling to push 35fps on lowest settings.. this in itself is aweful as my geforce4 will push 50fps on maximum settings.. we were thinking hmm, maybe its a chipset driver problem, so we reinstalled the chipset drivers to no avail. we then reinstalled latest drivers for the gfx, did a windows update, reinstalled the game and still, struggling to get past this 35fps mark..

after confirming that it wasnt just the cpu throttling due to overheating (as prescotts do :p ) we decided that maybe this mobo was sucking too much out of the power supply, so we used a 500W Raidmax, and still no changes.. we tried using my geforce 4, and still no changes.. we tweaked the driver settings for both the gf4 and the 96XT by setting everything down low, and no eye candy etc.. we tried the 9600XT in my athlon system to see if it was the gfx just playing up, and what do you know? 80-110fps on maximum settings.. wth.

Now we are stumped as to what is going on here, surely the 8IPE1000 Pro2 doesnt have this bad of a chipset to cause this aweful fps in games? (not just ut2k4 is getting bad fps, even games like stepmania too..) maybe we have missed something, or whatever.. any advice/comments welcome :)

Careface*

Back