• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

If you have the AA8XE, could you please answer a question or two?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ghost_recon88

Senior Jedi Master
Okay, with this motherboard, does it allow you in the BIOS to set your RAM frequency at 3:4 so if I had a 300MHz FSB, it would run the RAM at 400MHz? What kind of RAM settings does it have? I downloaded the manual but it didn't really say anything.

Here is a sticky post that I made for the AA8XE.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=360202

First, not all AA8XE mobos will do 300 FSB stable. Most do seem to hit 290 FSB though. Yes, as long as the RAM can handle it, the 3:4 memory ratio does work. There is a 2:3 memory ratio option too, but nobody that I know of has gotten that to work. Of course, the 1:1 ratio works great too.

Ram settings? Do you mean what timings? The tightest timings I've ever achieved was 3-2-2-6 with my OCZ EB rev2 PC2-4200 DDR2. With DDR2, if you can run 3-3-3-8, that's usually pretty good. The lowest CAS will go is 3. I think the most relaxed you can go is something like 5-5-5-12.

OCZ-EB-cpuz-tightest.JPG

I have that same exact AA8XE and so does several others here. Yes, it does work with the 3:4 ratio. Yes, the AA8XE does support the 6XX series processors. You might need to update the BIOS though.

If you use the Abit FlashMenu program, updating the BIOS is simple. Make sure you are at default speed and stable first.

always nice to be a first :) im so dissapointed tho, now i want a 5Ghz like Hawk...

maybe when i do the whole 90$ phase change setup thing for 250$ plus hoses (tygon) , clamps , condensation prevention. im thinkin im going to be spending just short of 350$

i dunno

i think i may just wait till the next appropriate time for an upgrade to do all this...

i mean really.. how far past bleeding edge do i really have to be....

i really should just ebay this thing and buy three 3ghz computers with a gig of ram each and an X600XT 256 ...

then id have 9Ghz.... ::gets an evil look in his eye::

Last edited:
Back