• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Zalman 7700-Cu 12cm on Abit IC7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

acid135690

Registered
Well, there is no IC7-Max... there is an IC7, IC7-G Max2 and an IC7-Max3. My guess is the Max3 is incompatible because it has that extra OTES cooling duct that probably interfers. You might wait until you hear from someone that has the same mobo as you with that heatsink.

Well if it turns out that it is incompatible, I already have the Zalman 7000-Cu HS. It's the 80mm version of the 120mm HS. There is not much difference, but I had the money and wanted to get the best bang for my buck. The place I got it from had them on sale for $35 and $40.

I can answer this with absolute certainty. I own the IC7-G Max II, and have the Zalman 7700cu installed on it. The Max III has been discontinued, so if you're buying a new board, it will either be a IC7, or an IC7-G Max II.

The Zalman 7700 will fit, but it goes over the edge of the board slightly at the top. If your mobo is installed with the PCI slots at the bottom, check to be sure you have and inch to an inch and a half of clearance between the top of the mobo, and the PSU and you'll be fine. :)

Edited to Add: If you're buying a Max III by chance it is the OTES thingy that interferes. You can simply remove the OTES shroud and use the 7700. Many have done this with the larger Zalman 7700, the XP 120's, etc... It actually helps the airflow to remove it with these large coolers as the cover the area quite well and distribute air around the PWM region.

Also, if the seller is selling *exactly* what he's showing, that is an IC7-G Max II board with no OTES. You may to ask the seller if that is the *exact* mobo he is selling in the pic he provided.

Last edited:
Back