• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a good sized reservoir

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
something like this??

http://www.highspeedpc.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=HSPC&Category_Code=TankEx
tanko_all.jpg

EC, do a little checking before you buy. I've heard that Innovatek has had problems with cracking in the past--I have no idea if they've fixed the problem, but.... Also, Thermochill is now making reservoirs like this. I have no idea when they'll make it to the States, but I'm sure they're better quality. Here's a link http://www.thermochill.com/thermotube.php

MVC said:
EC, do a little checking before you buy. I've heard that Innovatek has had problems with cracking in the past--I have no idea if they've fixed the problem, but.... Also, Thermochill is now making reservoirs like this. I have no idea when they'll make it to the States, but I'm sure they're better quality. Here's a link http://www.thermochill.com/thermotube.php

Isn't that just wonderful I'm glad I checked by here before I ordered it. That Thermochill isn't bad looking but I still like the Innovatek better. I wish I could find something similar that doesn't crack that is. I really don't feel like making my own. I have a list as long as my arm for things to make already for my new case and I really don't want to add a Res to the list.

Anyone else have any experiences good or bad with the Innovatek Reservoir?

voigts said:
Why does it seem that all of the best watercooling stuff comes out of Europe?

See now you've gone and gotten Weapon all upset. I hope he isn't too traumatized that he forgets to drop my Monster Core Radiator in the mail. LOL

Electron Chaser said:
See now you've gone and gotten Weapon all upset. I hope he isn't too traumatized that he forgets to drop my Monster Core Radiator in the mail. LOL

lol. nah - it should be there before the end of the week - YGPM btw. :)

reservoir?

it isn't clear but I am fairly sure it will not crack or present galvanic corrosion issues with copper waterblocks....

pic of the baseplate off one of the very rough prototype weapon reservoirs attached. solid copper is your friend :)

Attachments

• wfr1.1Cu.jpg
    wfr1.1Cu.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 199
weapon said:
lol. nah - it should be there before the end of the week - YGPM btw. :)

Yes it is on the way Woot!!! :clap:

weapon said:
reservoir?

it isn't clear but I am fairly sure it will not crack or present galvanic corrosion issues with copper waterblocks....

pic of the baseplate off one of the very rough prototype weapon reservoirs attached. solid copper is your friend :)

So how soon is this rough prototype going to be smoothed out. :)

Custom lengths? Im looking for something 3 inches wide and 16 inches tall...

Not really but it would be freakin cool to have the rad dump directly into the res at the top and the pump at the bottom of the case pull from the res. I would think the weight of the water would help the pump a lil.

Paint it blue and attach it to the MB side of the case like an oxygen tank.

JT

Electron Chaser said:
So how soon is this rough prototype going to be smoothed out. :)

I'm not entirely sure. I am going to switch the pipe out to a slightly smaller diameter and I am upgrading my saw this week to get more accurate initial cuts to reduce the clean up work a little. I am still trying to decide on the final design but I am tempted to just make it a fully brazed cylinder with brass fittings. The copper on the current model is about 1/8" thick at the thinnest point so if it were fully brazed, it would take something in the 80,000psi range to make it leak. lol....I love overkill. Anyway, if it were brazed, it would still be easy enough to clean --- just fill it up with distilled white vinegar or Eagle One cast aluminum wheel cleaner, let it sit for a while and then rinse it out. :)

It will be 3/8" NPT tapped so my usual 5/8" OD brass flow cannon fittings will work with it.

Jtanczos said:
Custom lengths? Im looking for something 3 inches wide and 16 inches tall...

Not really but it would be freakin cool to have the rad dump directly into the res at the top and the pump at the bottom of the case pull from the res. I would think the weight of the water would help the pump a lil.

Paint it blue and attach it to the MB side of the case like an oxygen tank.

JT

Would 2-2.5" be enough? A 3" version at 16 inches long would definitely have the O2 tank look covered but it would also weigh in about the same. lol. I guess you could counter-balance it with a monstercore on the other side of the case. :D

The one I have on the bench at the moment is about 8.5 inches overall with both endcaps and it weighs in at about 10lbs as a result of the solid copper construction. On the bright side, it looks great (fully polished) and it is just about as bulletproof as it can get.

There is an odd price break in the copper components -- anything over 2.5" diameter is dramatically more expensive. Of course, they would likely outlast 30 plexi reservoirs. The acrylic reservoirs like the one above are about $80 which amazes me considering most are only 50mm diameter and around 28cm high with 280ml of fluid capacity.

weapon said:
Would 2-2.5" be enough? A 3" version at 16 inches long would definitely have the O2 tank look covered but it would also weigh in about the same. lol. I guess you could counter-balance it with a monstercore on the other side of the case. :D
Maybe do that on a rebuild of my older case. I have 2 of your shrouds already. :)

The one I have on the bench at the moment is about 8.5 inches overall with both endcaps and it weighs in at about 10lbs as a result of the solid copper construction. On the bright side, it looks great (fully polished) and it is just about as bulletproof as it can get.
Wow I know what you mean. Fill that with water and watch it tip the case! Need to attach a small pole as a foot.

There is an odd price break in the copper components -- anything over 2.5" diameter is dramatically more expensive. Of course, they would likely outlast 30 plexi reservoirs. The acrylic reservoirs like the one above are about $80 which amazes me considering most are only 50mm diameter and around 28cm high with 280ml of fluid capacity.
One thing I love about metal is the ability to clean and refinish. We have copper pipes in the house that are 25 years old. Of course they are wearing thin but I am sure 25 years would be long enough for most computer applications. Plastics just get brittle and fall apart within a few years.

I would love to see you make one with little fins on it and see if it functions at all as a reserator. Not nearly as much as a HC because of reduced surface area but see if it is enough to be worthwhile.

JT

Back