• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My pair of OCZ 1Gb DDR 400 Sticks Benches Badly in Sisoft, Why?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

prominance

Registered
Ok so I just setup a new system with the OCZ DDR 400 2-3-2-5 sticks. It is on a AMD 3700+ with Asus A8N SLI deluxe system. I ran sisoft emmory benchmark and got 5000/4998 respectively for my scores. i was thinking it would be closer to 6000. Why is it so low? It says the effieincy is 78% which does not seem that great. Is there anything I can do to improve the score without overclocking. I have 1T set in the bios and the tmmings are 2-3-3-5 right now.

CPU-Z says I am running dual channel and it is 200MHZ for the speed. I will try toying with the timmings but i thought running them at 2-3-3-5 should give me the best timmings, shouldnt those numbers be as low as possible? I am also running 1T and I was thinking I should be getting close too 6000. You think it might have anything to do with the fact that my memory is installed on banks 1 and 3 (the black memory banks on my Asus A8N SLI Deluxe motherboard instead of 0 and 2? I did this because I got the memory afte rinstalling my XP 120 heatsink and the heatsink blocks the 1st memory bank. But should this make any difference as long as they are paired and in adjacent slots (0 and 2 are blue, 1 and 3 ae black, and it reports as dual channel)

whenever you're benchmarking, make sure you don't have any programs running, at all... Any firewall, antivirus, spyware detection tools... exit out of them... this sould increase your scores by a little bit

Those numbers should be around 5200-5400. I have'nt put OCZs in my Athlon rig yet, but I have got them in my P4 runing from 240-250 FSB and hitting 5700-5800. It sound like you don't have Dual Channel by the looks of it. Check you MOBO socket config. Your OCZs are working great at 78% and 2-3-x lats. In most runs I don't see better than 76%. The only way I know to hit 6000 is a real high FSB or 2-2-x lats on DDR400 DC.

having your tras at 5 is probably killing your bandwidth a little. quoted directly from mushkins memory timing explanation, its like having a book closed in your face ect. try tras 7 and rebench.
5400 for a pair of 512 mb sticks in dual channel is normal though. i get about the same at 2-2-2-10 on my nforce 3 and only get 6400mb/s when ocing closer to 233 mhz htt.

Back