• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need 220 2.5-3-3-6 1T 2x512 ram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Romano3490

Hi guys, I am looking for some good pc3200 ram. I would like a 2x512 dual channel kit. I am running 255x9 on my MSI Neo2 platinum + A64 3000. My Dell ram isn't cutting it and I have to use a 133 divider. I would prefer to use a 166 divider though. That would give me 210 ram speed. What is a good cheap kit that can do up to 220 with 2.5-3-3-8 timings and less than 2.85 volts. I have about $90 to spend.

The G.Skill Value Ram should run at 240 - 250 FSB with 2.5 - 4 - 4 - X Timings for only around 90 dollars for the gig. Does not need much voltage either.

So, I am pretty safe with the Gskill then? Do you think I can push my Dell ram to work well?

I would go with the TwinMOS Speed Premiums...... the 1A4T sticks will give you 200fsb with 2-2-2-5 timings with only 2.6v. They should get you what you're looking for easy. A little over $90.00 but well worth the extra money. You can get two of them from Newegg for about $108.00 shipped.

RedDragonXXX said:

LOL, thats my review on top of neweggs page, I tried 2x to get that review posted. LOL.

I love this RAM, and it would run perfectly fine at the settings you want. If you are lucky, you may even get 1:1 FSB/RAM speeds with some voltage.

LIke HousERat, I would also point you to the TwinMOS Speed Premiums. They are rated by TM as DDR454 (4.4ns printed on the chips) although sold as PC3200. Default timings are 2.5-3-3-7 and cost just slightly more than what you've budgeted, but well worth the extra. They are way more than just your average value ram.

The beauty of these chips, also as mentioned above by HousERat, is the fact that you can run tight timings and if you later upgrade your system to another DDR rig, these will scale real well with add't voltages. They are currently among the best "bang for your bucks" memory buys.

Back