• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC Forums IRC Channel

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Elif Tymes

Do we have a IRC Channel?

I looked around, and can't seem to find any info on whether we have one or not, in my experiences, IRC Channels are perfect for communities like this, which have a large ratio of "Intelligent geeks: noobs" (More on the INtelligent Geeks side)

No official channels, the folding and seti teams have a combined channel thats for chat on zIRC (#octeams). You, and any other members, are welcome to join it.

I've read in the past the reason they don't have an "official" channel is because the moderation of it would be a nightmare. I wouldn't mind seeing a general OCF channel. I don't Fold, so i really don't belong in the teams forum other than being the OC3D Team Captain. I can see some good uses to an IRC channel though, would certainly help with others troubleshooting. Nothing like sending 20 PM's back and forth to try and resolve a problem :)

Sucka said:
I've read in the past the reason they don't have an "official" channel is because the moderation of it would be a nightmare. I wouldn't mind seeing a general OCF channel. I don't Fold, so i really don't belong in the teams forum other than being the OC3D Team Captain. I can see some good uses to an IRC channel though, would certainly help with others troubleshooting. Nothing like sending 20 PM's back and forth to try and resolve a problem :)
#octeams is not a folding channel. not at all. it is a channel, that is not officially a OCForums channel, but has many OCForums members on it.

I dont fold, or bench, or seti, and I am there. Dont feel unwelcome (unless they ban your for posting gross stuff). Come, chat, exchange information...

Back