• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hows my new system sound?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

clockless

Ok so I'm rebuilding my currnet system cuz I fried my agp slot on my asus board. I ordered a abit ic7-g should be here monday I'm going to get a 6600gt and 2 80gb barracudas, sata and run them in raid 0. But I'm not sure about my ram i'm lookin at eiter 2gigs of value ram or 1gb of corsair xms pro with the activity leds. I do do alot of photoshop and plan on using 9 once I can get it

lol....that sounds system is terrible. 6600GT are not known for there sound quality. Barracuda's aren't bad...but they can't do 5.1... or 2.1 for that matter. :D

It sounds pretty good. The activity LEDs are really just a bunch more money for a little more show.

If you won't be doing much overclocking, and you're a real photoshop junkie, 2GB of RAM might prove more beneficial to you than 1GB. RAM speed in an application like that won't make a HUGE difference, and you'd probably see more gains from the size rather than the speed.

FYI, the Front Page Discussions area is for discussion on articles found on www.overclockers.com. Normally this type of thing would belong in general hardware. :)

^^ yea, but as for your system, its fine, i think you shoul've gone LGA775 though, 478 is simply out, and since your getting new vid-card anyway, might aswell get the 6600GT for PCI-e, since its the first card built on PCI-e, instead of Agp (without some stupid transforming bridge). Sell your cpu, get and AA8XE from abit, and a P4 520 or 530J and you're set. DOn't forget some nice DDr2's, a gig will probably be enough, you can always upgrade later.

Back