• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DIY project, finished and going through tests.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

noxqzs

This is an upgrade I have been planning on doing, but didn't have time for. I bit my lip and went without the gaming pc for the week . The gigabyte motherboard I replaced 6 months ago after frying it. Long story short, noone had a replacement board. I got the IC7 instead, lost both ATA drives on the bottom and replaced with SATA (gained 50GB)

I am too tired too write this stuff up into html and there are well over 100 photos of the whole process. I covered just about everything from choosing parts, fabricating mounts and components, alternative psus, and lastly the process of creating printed circuit boards for homemade fan controllers. I will write this stuff up Sunday after seeing pops. Right now, I need to catch up on some e-mails and then get my fix of BF2 before heading to Laconia for a crazy night.

Dual (1/2") loops. Custom wblocks on BIX and BIXmicro fed by 2 mcp655s.
(went from 3/8 single loop, single 120 swiftech rad fed by eheim 1250)

so far the temps on the cpu are hovering at 31*C (3.6 240@15 1:1 3.3.3.6)
gpu is at 38*C (480/1200). case is reporting 26*C

overall, a drop by about 8* average for both. will see what stress testing will get

BEFORE
6800x16.jpg

AFTER
watercoolv2.jpg

Back