• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Type of RAM question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

darksparkz

I've read around and seen many different types of ram, like all the UTT, BH-6, TCCD, and all that stuff. I've also seen that the PC3500 and PC4000 are compatitible with some newer motherboards.

I need some help on what type of ram to get, I'm planning for at least PC3200 of course, dual channel if possible. It's going to be mainly used for gaming, web browsing, and a few other things. I might overclock my CPU a little bit, not not to an extreme point, since it's only air cooled.

This is my motheroard: Asus A8N-SLI Preminum nForce4 Skt939. The CPU is an AMD 3700+.

The ram I was planning to get was the Corsair TWINX1024-3200XL 1GB Kit DDR400 XMS3200 Dual-Channel Xtra-Low Latency w/ Black Heat Spreader because of it's low latency timing, and most say the best ram for AMDs are low latencies.

There are a bunch of types of ram, anyone knows the differences and which would work best for me?

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=372050 <- explains all the different ICs (utt,tccd,bh-6,etc)

The PC3500 means the maximum theoretical bandwidth is 3.5gigs/second at that mhz speed. Basically higher htt = higher ram clock = more bandwidth.Depending how much money you have to spend I think TCCD/TCC5 would be a good choice since I don't think your mobo can supply enough voltage for UTT without voltmods

Back