• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Warning...eBay fraud emails are spreading

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FSBxtreme

Hi,

I have been recieving this emergency emails from eBay saying that I need to update my record. Everyone needs to watch out for this as this is a fraud for sure. Look at screen below:

FSBxtreme said:
Hi,

I have been recieving this emergency emails from eBay saying that I need to update my record. Everyone needs to watch out for this as this is a fraud for sure. Look at screen below:

ha, were you been man. i been getting these POS's everyday for the last 2 years. :mad:

its pointless to report it, they just keep coming in and in, you cant really stop it.

I have to say thank you for posting this here.
I would probably just click the link when I get the email.

I'm not sure if you care of not but you forgot to blank out your email address in that picture.

The grammar is rather poor at a couple points on that email.

Get used to the emails your bank/ebay etc send. My bank sends all emails in plain text with no links, and with no images, keeping everything short and to the point, with perfect grammar. So when i got a couple graphics-filled emails asking me to confirm my details by clicking this link.... *forward to bank* *delete*

Any Ebay or banking mail I get, that don't address me by my given name. Is very easily discounted. I don't need to hover to see that it is a spoof.

I get the eBay scams, bank scams from banks I've never even heard of, telling me to update my account, before I had PayPal, I got scams from some dork telling me my PayPal account would be closed if I didn't update.

They're all just scams, looking for passwords and/or personal info on bank accounts.

Ever see a cod-fishing boat? Lotza hooks on those lines, fishermen aren't stupid, they know they probably won't get a bite on every piece of bait, so they make sure they have a lot of hooks baited. :D

Back