• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual Channel Issue?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Saterus

Registered
I'm very very confused right now. I just got my computer all put together, finally got windows installed, but now it locks up at random points during startup. I dont mean just in Windows anymore, I mean sometimes in the bios. I decided to do memtest86, and with both sticks (512mb) of the Twinmos BH-5 I got I get errors. If I test them individually, they work perfectly. This has really got me confused. I cant get into Windows anymore, so I'm sort of stuck.

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Thats what I did, but now it locks up at random points no matter which set of ram I have in, or both. I've actually been to the desktop twice, but since then, I cant make it through the bios. It might not be a ram issue, but ram is the only thing that has been causing a problem so far (from the memtest) and thats all I know might be wrong.

Hmm, just for the heck of it, try flashing your BIOS and see if that fixes it. BTW, you're not oc your RAM are you? If the problem still occurs, RMA them.

I just tried to reflash the bios. Unsucessfully. :( I put the disk in after going to the DFI website and getting the file, booted the computer, and it says "Diskette I/O error. Remove the diskette and press any key." Any ideas? I'm getting really frustrated. Could it be something other than a ram problem?

They're probably not matching sticks. This happened to me once because I had one stick of Mushkin PC3200 3-3-3-8 and another Mushkin PC3200 2.5-3-3-8.

I wont discount this, but I ordered them both from newegg at the same time. I'll go pop them in and check what they register as individually.

Ok, I tested that. They are both the same chips. Exactly the same from what I can tell.

TwinMOS TMSP 05094 BH-5
200mhz 1T
Tcl: 2.5
Trcd: 3
Trp: 3
Tras: 8

I havent overclocked it any, so its still at stock voltage and frequency. Should I try to up the voltage any to see if that helps?

I can get into windows with 1 stick in at a time, but not both sticks. When I finally get into windows, it locks up though. (I think this might be a separate issue though. I installed my Wacom drivers and it locks up when those load.) I cant boot into safe mode, it lists all the drivers and then locks up.

As your signature says you have DFI NF4 board, and all I can say this board is huge pain in the *** when it comes to memory (and memory issues). Firstly I'd try to change the bios. If that doesn't help, set memory voltage to 2,8V and all the memory timings manually.

Back