• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ram issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kdrifter440

I'm have some serious ram issues. Installed a new Abit motherboard into my computer and the computer was running like a 100 mhz old POS. Some one told me to reformat the hard drive and that made it a lot faster. But when im ripping Dvds and stuff its takes like 25 mins compared to 7 mins on my old system. I have 2 GBS of PC3200 dual channel it fell likes the ram is running at PC2100. I only have a P4 2.0 ghz...Could the problem be that the new Abit IC7 is running the ram in dual channel but my chip don't support dual channel? So I think my old Soyo motherboard did not support dual channel so I was the the full speed of pc3200??? Any ideas??????

ok are all the drivers properly installed? Did you set any dividers that would slow down the ram? Have you run spyware and anti virus programs on your computer? It is unlikely that the issue is caused because of dual channel (dual channel depends on the motherboard not on the cpu). Did you install anything that could be hogging resources? Can you run cpu-z and show us screenshots (first page and the timings page). Try running just one stick and see if that makes it faster.

I installed a new motherboard into the computer that all I did. I set the bios to default settings...I already took some ram out and it does the samething. No one seems to know whats going on. Can I instant message you?

Back