• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PDP possible UTT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
"Capable of runing at 400mhz with timing 2-3-3-6 and way up to 500MHZ with timing 2-3-3-8 when you change Voltage"

That sounds kind of funny. When you change voltage. lol, they are getting too technical for me these days :)

Honestly, I don't know what to make of it. I would need more details to see if it's UTT. I'll look around for more information on this ram.

-Collin-

Well, it did get me thinking though. I don't think TCCD can do 250mhz at cas 2 and neither can tcc5. Maybe on some rare occasions, but not enough for them to market it as that. I think that leaves us with Micron -5B G or UTT. What do you think? Guess we would have to know at WHAT voltage it can do 250mhz at. Even at 2-3-3 it's going to take over 3 volts to get UTT to do it.

-Collin-

Super Nade said:
Hang on folks, I'mve e-mailed Patriot about this. Let us see what they have to say.
I suggest actually emailing them rather than filling out the form on their website. I used the form to ask for more info on their 2-3-2 1GB sticks about a month ago, and never heard a thing. I also tried to join their forum, but it wasn't possible. Looks like their website is an alpha, and they don't really care what happens to messages to tech support that come through it.

someone buy the ram!
damn it, where are those bottomless-wallet people when you need them?
*goes off*
hey, oppainter, we got some red candy for you!

Otter said:
I suggest actually emailing them rather than filling out the form on their website. I used the form to ask for more info on their 2-3-2 1GB sticks about a month ago, and never heard a thing. I also tried to join their forum, but it wasn't possible. Looks like their website is an alpha, and they don't really care what happens to messages to tech support that come through it.

Contact e-mail: William Lai
[email protected]

I've dealt with this fellow. You should get a response in a week :D

Well,

I got a response in less than a day (switched the order of messages for consistency) :thup:

PDP Rep said:
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, July 04, 2005 6:23 PM
To: Lai, William
Subject: A few questions..

Hello William,

I have two quick questions.

1.Is the XBLK still TCCD or have you switched to TCC5 binned appropriately? I was thinking of picking up another gig of XBLK (current set runs DDR600 2.5-3-4-x-1T). If it is TCC5, can I expect the same performance as TCCD? I know that essentially the dies are the same, but I'm not sure if you guys bin it like OCZ?

2.Could you tell me what chips are on this RAM?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820220061

From the description about voltage, I'm guessing it may be UTT or Micron. Also, what voltage are these modules warrentied for?

Thanks a lot.

Response:

Hi ,

Currently the XBLK are still using Samsung TCCD, so there's nothing to
worry about.

As far as the Power Series that is sold at Newegg, they are indeed UTT
chips that can handle extreme voltage. We will warranty these memory
modules for the life of them regardless of the voltage.

Hope this help.

Best regards,
William Lai
Applications Engineer
[email protected]
Patriot Memory

Isn't that freaking awesome, go on burn it at 15V..:D? All you high voltage fellows..have fun!

Regardless of voltage? Wow.... those folks are brave...... My first impression is supported by the warranty...... I maintain these are bh-die chips.....

Absolutely!

I'd get them if I had the $'s :(

Reefa_madness.....would you take one for the team?

Ninja...keep me posted on how this goes. I have the original e-mail(s) for proof.

Back