• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What Should I Buy For Intel CPU?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

Hi

I work in pub on weekends and I was needed to solve a problem with there dial-up connection. That solved I was noticing that it was too slow and they also said it was rubbish at doing calculations ect with the slow performance. Well been a non qualified expert in maintance they asked me if I would sort it out I said yes and next sunday will be doing so.

I've downloaded ad-ware and system machinc 5 to sort out what they do best scan for adware and fix registry problems. Cause they have some software that is useless to what they do so i will be getting rid of those I will be installing SP2 and installing the latest updates I have on disc.

Anyways I was looking at there system spec and there spec is Intel celeron 2.0ghz and 256mb RAM. I was wondering should I purchase a 512mb or 256mb but since it runs at 2.0ghz should I buy PC2700 or PC3200.

Many Thanks

doesn't matter. you could use PC2100 even.

don't just rely on adaware. Use HijackThis, Spybot, and various other tools to check for spyware/viruses/trojans.

You should see if SP2 will cause any issues with their software. Generally speaking, it doesn't but you should play it safe since you are working with a business PC and not a personal one. Downtime is money lost.

Yeah I understand where your coming from about the business part it isn't connected to a network but I want to take precautions etc. I install SP2 via safety mode never has caused me problems yet I'll check for software updates while I'm cleaning out there system I'll also try them other programs for spyware etc.

Thanks

Your telling me it actually works I thought it was still in BETA form at the moment.

You may also want to get some kind of a firewall program like Zone alarm, there is a free version that you can get on download.com that you may find suitable. Other than that, spybot and ad-ware are great if you use them together. just make sure to update them fully.

Back