• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

blue antifreeze.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CCUABIDExORxDIE

i need to find some blue antifreeze. i have searched everywhere to no avail, i hear that VW and Audi use it in there cars, as green antifreeze kills em. i am getting ready to put my loop together, and i really need this fast. thanks for the help guys.

erm, I've seen blue anti-freeze in my garage man, its not rare or anything lol

VW and Audi are the only places that I think you are going to find blue coolant these days. I got mine from a local VW dealership, and the parts guy told me that they don't even use this anymore in their new cars.

I have the blue and I really like it.

Perseus said:
If you just want the color, Zalman makes a blue coolant additive. Don't some people use markers too?

yes you can use highlighters b/c they are uv reactive, neon yellow especially...but i read somewhere on the site that they can cause corrosion so i wouldn't suggest it. they are intended for their color, not performace.

id suggest going to any non dealership shop and asking them if they will sell you any/order some for you if you dont wanna make a trip to boston

voigts, do you have any more of the blue antifreeze? and i need the antifreeze because i have aluminum and copper in the same loop. i was stupid and bought an aluminum top Maze4, it was only 25 bucks, but it was a poor move by me.

CCUABIDExORxDIE said:
voigts, do you have any more of the blue antifreeze? and i need the antifreeze because i have aluminum and copper in the same loop. i was stupid and bought an aluminum top Maze4, it was only 25 bucks, but it was a poor move by me.
i dont say thats a poor move by any means. thats not a bad deal for that block. so, your have some aluminum in your loop, big deal. at least u are aware of galvanic properties of metals and can prevent a catastrophe.

shell antifreeze is blue. i have a spare bottle which i would gladly send you for free but you live a little far...

Back