• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which socket 775 board best for RAID1?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fritzman

Hiya guys & gals

I am building a new system for a mate...

His specs are Intel based 3.0Ghz+ cpu with 2 x 200Gb drives in a mirrored array running XP-Pro, with 2Gb Ram.

I haven't got used to all these 775 variants yet, so seek some advice.

What is a good, reliable and simple-to-set-up board for the purpose. There will be no overclocking done at all, this is strictly a business machine.

Did a quick search but didn't come up with anything helpful :shrug: , so... (yells 'HELP')

Any of the Abit or Asus mobos should suit your mate's needs. Ok, we know it needs to have a LGA775 socket, but what about vid card (AGP or PCI-E) and RAM (DDR or DDR2)?

batboy said:
Any of the Abit or Asus mobos should suit your mate's needs. Ok, we know it needs to have a LGA775 socket, but what about vid card (AGP or PCI-E) and RAM (DDR or DDR2)?

I figured on going PCI-E & DDR2... no overclocking at all, so some Crucial DDR2 and a mid-range PCI-E

I am leaning towards the Gigabyte 8I945-Pro judging b y the specs, but have no idea about stability (or anything about it other than the specs)... thoughts?

I agree... Abit or Asus would have to be my favourites, but open to others if they cut it.

The Gigabyte will work fine if it's strictly a non-overclocking situation. Heck, an Intel brand is good and solid too. Ok, does it need to have an upgrade path to the dual core processors? If so, you'll want a i955 chipset.

Back