• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what kind of coolant do you use?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Conaway

Registered
i am trying decide what type of coolant most people prefer for their WC system. i will base my decision on your answers.

1) auto anti-freeze - if so, what color? specific brand?
2) Water Wetter
3) Zerex Super Coolant
4) Hydrix
5) other

also...

i've read somewhere that you should use destilled water? opinions on that too, please.

thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I use koolance liquid, it saved my computer from blowing up, my pump was leaking (almost leaked into the power supply) and the koolance liquid smells so high i knew something was wrong, so i quickly pached up the pump w00t.

Perseus said:
Distilled, Innovatec Pro and a few drops of biocide currently. I've got two bottles of Fluid XP ready for my next flush.

that was something else i had been meaning to ask. how often should the system be flushed and how do you normally go about it?

Depending on the coolant you use, about every 6-months, but you can go longer. The most used way of flushing is to simply pull a connection and point it towards a bucket. I've used clamps to pinch a line until I'm ready for the coolant to shoot out. I've got shut-off valves installed now, and they work REAL good and easy. :cool:

Back