• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5ND2-SLI NF4 Intel Ed.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

markodude

Hi guys - anyone round here have experience of this board or any NF4 Intel Edition board?
I bought one to run with a 2.8 Pentium D and it only works in single core mode. I had an Intel D955XBK that worked fine but not enough ocing options, bought a Gigabyte GA-8N-SLI Royal only to find out it didnt work with the P-D, then I phoned Asus who said their board works fine with the P-D 2.8, only to find it works but in single core mode :mad:
I am now back to the P4 EE 3.46 in the P5ND2-SLI, it is running 300FSB+ but the chipset is literally burning hot.....does anyone know if the chipset cooler can be replaced?
I am also thinking of going watercooled - do you think I will be able to get a chipset WB for this board?

Check the Asus forums. That board will only run single core on the 2.8 (for now at least). Sorry to say, that means you're just out of luck at this time.

Meh, sorry, I missed the last part of the post... check Danger Den's website. I believe they have a chipset WB that will fit fine.

Dillusion said:
Try BIOS 0708 released a few days ago, should fix it.
Where are you finding these updated BIOS from? Im trying to update my P5WD2 but they havent done squat for it lately.

Dont use the ASUS North American site, go to the global site from their main directory page, maybe theres some there. They focus on some boards more than other, the NF4 has allot of issues so they work on it more frequently.

Back