• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My 2GB OCZ4002048PFDC-K (2x1024) OC results.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Audioaficionado

Sparkomatic Moderator
220fsb 1:1 @ 2.5-3-3-8-1t with 2x1GB sticks
So far I've only been able to get 220fsb out of my new OCZ sticks. I was hoping for at least 225.

No matter how much vdimm & vcore I throw into the mix and loosened the timings to 3-4-4-8, test 5 fails in the same general locations. Maybe it's a weak patch in one of the ICs. I still got PC3500 out of PC3200 sticks so an RMA isn't ethical.

Now I'll play with them some more in Memtest86+ as it can set timings on the fly not found in the limited array allowed in the DH800 v110 BIOS. If it crashes, the reset takes you back to the more stable BIOS parameters and another try.

Audioaficionado said:
220fsb 1:1 @ 2.5-3-3-8-1t with 2x1GB sticks
So far I've only been able to get 220fsb out of my new OCZ sticks. I was hoping for at least 225.

No matter how much vdimm & vcore I throw into the mix and loosened the timings to 3-4-4-8, test 5 fails in the same general locations. Maybe it's a weak patch in one of the ICs. I still got PC3500 out of PC3200 sticks so an RMA isn't ethical.

Now I'll play with them some more in Memtest86+ as it can set timings on the fly not found in the limited array allowed in the DH800 v110 BIOS. If it crashes, the reset takes you back to the more stable BIOS parameters and another try.

Not bad of an OC for 2GB, but I'm sure that you will be able to squeeze more out of it if you play around with it some more.

Well if SteveOCZ would respond in this thread, we'll find out what's under the hood. However I'm not going to void my warrenty by opening up the HS.

Eventhough I'm a little dissapointed in the OC so far, these sticks are much more stable than my midrange 2-3-2-7 PDP sticks were. They sell you PC3200 and then tell you that you can only run CAS2 @ DDR333. Liars! OCZ is up front with their specs and no SPD gottchas.

Heck these sticks are 10% OCed and below the SPD timings of 3-3-3-8. Too bad my DH800 won't let me set any higher tRAS than 8. I think if I can back it off to 9 or 10, I might be able to achieve DDR450 with a CAS of 2.5. I'll try this out next time I'm in Memtest86+.

Audioaficionado said:
Well if SteveOCZ would respond in this thread, we'll find out what's under the hood. However I'm not going to void my warrenty by opening up the HS.

Eventhough I'm a little dissapointed in the OC so far, these sticks are much more stable than my midrange 2-3-2-7 PDP sticks were. They sell you PC3200 and then tell you that you can only run CAS2 @ DDR333. Liars! OCZ is up front with their specs and no SPD gottchas.

Heck these sticks are 10% OCed and below the SPD timings of 3-3-3-8. Too bad my DH800 won't let me set any higher tRAS than 8. I think if I can back it off to 9 or 10, I might be able to achieve DDR450 with a CAS of 2.5. I'll try this out next time I'm in Memtest86+.

Steve should take care of you.
My first batch of those sticks (those are the plat rev1's, right?) wouldn't even do 220 FSB in dual channel mode. Actually, ONE Of the sticks was fine up to the limit of my CPU (225 FSB) @ 2.6v; the second was a dog and the one messing up the stability (both sticks together wouldn't let me do more than 210-212'ish stable @ 2.6v and the 'bad' stick wasn't even stable at 220 fsb by itself, unless I set the timings to 3-3-3-8 @ 2.8v (and that still wasn't completely stable). After a pick and swap (used the best 2 sticks out of the 4), I was up @ 225 FSB with BOTH sticks. (CPU limit). In fact, those sticks were so good that I was able to throw in another 2x512 for a total of 3 GB (the 512's were PC4000 Kingmax Hyperx) with no loss in stability (I had to go to 3-3-3-8, though).

The Performance Series PC-3200 2GB uses OCZ-marked ICs (Non-branded, so it can vary depending on when they were manufactured). The 3200 Platinum 2GB uses Infineon ICs.

The Performance 3200 typically tops off around 215-220. They 3200 Platinum with Infineons I have seen get a bit higher when it comes to top end, as well as being able to run slightly more aggressive timings.

thats really not bad oc for 1gb sticks imo.

too bad the ballistix are so damn high.
but with the release of the amd X2 im almost betting we start seeing alot better 1gb sticks popping up.
sean is that a correct assupmtion or is the damand still low?

Sentential said:
Test #5 is a chipset issue. Thats not your RAM at all.
Hmmm...

That explains a lot why no mem setting affected the outcome. So my sticks can go a lot higher but my MCH is crippled. Looks like I'll need to replace that C159 on my mobo with a 10k resistor if I want to go any higher. Iwill has done that already with subsquent releases of the DH800.

Next step will be to ramp up the multiplier and see if I can hold 3400+MHz FAH stable.

Back