• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what to expect from from my ddr400/433 memory with a Venice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mustanley

I've got two dual channel Geil Ultra kits (2x512) that are about 2 years old. One is PC3200 and one is PC3500 and I've tested both of them to 225MHz (2-3-2-6) at 2.9V on an Abit NF7-S/mobile AXP combination. I have no idea what type of chips they use cause I haven't wanted to pull off the heat spreaders. Since I'm looking to go to a Venice and DFI Ultra-D combo, can anyone make any predictions what this memory would be good for if pushing say, 3.3V or more through them? Thanks

Well, those particular timings are the same ones Kingston puts on its CH-5 chips, so I would say its a good bet that you have CH-5. I'd check the sticky posts to see if your particular ram is listed.

If it's CH-5 you have, it's just as good as BH-5. CH-5 had a voltage regulator built into it, but once you supply a certain amount of voltage, it gets overridden. I forget what amount of voltage it was, but I think it was in the realm of 3.1 or 3.2v. Once you get past that limiter, people have achieved the same results with CH-5 as they have with BH-5.

Most of the CH-die stuff is doing around 250fsb and up...... I'd be suprised if you couldn't get CH-5 that high.

Back