• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Go Fedex (sarcastic)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

big_dish

I ordered from Voyeurmods.com last week and had it shipped Fedex Ground. Thank god Voyeurmods packed the box well, that's all I can say. When Fedex decided to deliver to my apartment today while I was at work, instead of dropping it off at the leasing office, like all other drivers of other companies do, decided to leave it at my apartment.

That's not bad you may think, but I get to the door, and the slip says "On side porch"??? I was like WTF? The only way to get to my porch, is to slip past an 8 foot wide holley bush. And it's not exactly easy to do. Well, the package was on my porch. Dented up and mangled pretty good. The dumb driver, stood behind the bush and tossed it onto my porch. 8 feet, plus another 5 feet. He tossed it up in the air 13 feet.

Seems like he was too lazy to walk 50 feet (right accross the street) to the leasing office...:(

I called Fedex and filed a complaint, but I know nothing will happen but a slap on the hands driver and probably nothing else. Except every other Fedex package he delivers to me will be all jacked up. :(

I've had that same sort of problem with UPS - the "drop kick" method of delivery... Good thing your stuff was still in one piece!

I never had a problem with fedex, but thats because I always shipped 2nd day or express? Maybe because it was ground, they treat you like...well...the ground....

You are right ryufreak, the express style shipping makes a huge difference in treatment of the package. Not in that they think its ground so they kick it around and treat it bad but that what that package goes through during shipment. A ground package goes down multiple belts and slides throughout the shipping process while an express goes through maybe two or three. Then the ground package sits in a semi truck that bounces around while it crosses the country and may have other packages fall on it, etc. All those belts and slides are what damages packages, I've seen some crashy stuff happen to packages on belts and I'm at a small center not a giant hub.

that is freaking horrible, I always thought that fedex was the better of the bunch. go figure...

Most people live in some kind of fantasy world where choosing this shipper or that one is going to preclude something like this happening. FedEX mangles packages, as does UPS. Who knows what USPS does, they certainly don't. You can package your stuff well enough to survive either FedEX's or UPS's handling, and you darn well better. There is no way around the fact that USPS has no idea where your package is unless it happens to have already arrived at your doorstep. They know when you gave it them, and when (or if) it was delivered. Anything in between is a complete crapshoot. Tracking my ***.

Last edited:
UPS dropped my pc-65 and vapochill ls off right next to the trashcans.. Ants crawling all over them, and I have to agree with larva I dot know how many times ive tracked a shipment that was said to be in arizona or something than when i check it later its on ohio, or like the time it was in vernon california come to find out it was still in nevada, and the vernon california thing had been errased.

s random said:
id call fedex ask for the driver that took your route and report him simple as that.
That's fine in theory, but in reality, if you have to ask somebody to do their job you're talking to the wrong person.

lol "drop kick" method. Ya I have had bad experiences with all the shipping companies (except dhl... have never used them). Fedex one time did the "frisbee slide" (i.e. tossed the package like a frisbee up my driveway then the package hits the ground and then slides into the garage). USPS has given me a package in shreds (was actually an envelope tht contained a bunch of papers.) UPS has done the "drop kick" method.

I have never had the "jump shot" method though...

USPS tracking does suck though

Of course none of that probally happened but it looked like it.

Last edited:
never had a problem with UPS, USPS or fedex. i'd guess its becuase if i don't leave them a note saying to put it in my garage if no one is home, i don't get the package untill i am home(with the exception of USPS, they stick the package inbetween doors at my house :rolleyes: )

'drop kick method' huh? I sincerely doubt any ups or fedex driver actually 'kicks' you package. If you don't pack your contents to survive and 18" drop (thats the force of a sort trac piston), you're not going to get your product in one peice.

Threads like this are so redundant.

all my stuff has been deliver in pretty good condition and in person :) my mom is @ home most of the time and she picks them up for me. I've never got a package lost before but that don't mean that it won't happen lol

i actually perfer fedex myself, as they have yet to mangle anything of mine.
a close second favorite of mine is USPS actually.

neither of the two have ever done me wrong. USPS is Slower and cheapest, and tends to deliver packages dirty, if not filthy, but with the standard amount of wear and tear. but im one of the guys that just happens to get burned by UPS constantly. ill forego the list of screw ups...
larva is right about what he said though, about the odds being even and all.

I don't think it's the carrier...it all depends on what kind of day the driver is having. Mine must have been having a very bad day and took it out on my package. :(

wdeep4 said:
I've had that same sort of problem with UPS - the "drop kick" method of delivery... Good thing your stuff was still in one piece!

Me too... I honestly love FedEx and never have had 1 problem! :)

come on guys...the drivers don't kick the packages...get real

we kick it in the hubs and centers when we have to process 150k packages in 3 hours

What can brown do for you?

David Coleman said:
come on guys...the drivers don't kick the packages...get real

we kick it in the hubs and centers when we have to process 150k packages in 3 hours

What can brown do for you?

yes, I'd go so far as to say most packages are damaged "in transit" I worked at UPS for 5 years, I can't tell you how many packages were abused. Fed Ex isn't any better I had some old UPS buddies quit UPS and work for Fed Ex... I asked them if there is a difference, they say no, Fed Ex is just like UPS except no Union, and Fruitier Colors.

Heh. I'm sure no one actually thought any driver kicked their package, its just an exaggeration. Anyways I've never had a problem with any damage for shipping. One time I had a Fedex pickup scheduled from selling something on ebay, and I didn't hear anyone ring the doorbell or anything, but I noticed the package was gone and no one else was home. So the Fedex guy must have seen the package in my living room and walked in to get it.

Back