• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1T won't work?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Neeseius

I have 1Gig (2x512mb) Corsair XMS TwinX DDR500 memory and it won't boot using the 1T setting in the bios because I get a weird blue screen right before I come to the desktop and then the computer restarts suddenly. People tell me there is a performance gaine using 1T because of increased memory bandwidth. Why won't my memory work using 1T?

I would really like an answer to this question as well. I got the Twinmos BH-5 a couple days ago and went through hell trying to install Windows until I figured out how to change it to 2T. After I changed it, its been rock solid stable, but it is really bugging me. I bought all this stuff to overclock really well, and now I'm stuck.

Saterus said:
I would really like an answer to this question as well. I got the Twinmos BH-5 a couple days ago and went through hell trying to install Windows until I figured out how to change it to 2T. After I changed it, its been rock solid stable, but it is really bugging me. I bought all this stuff to overclock really well, and now I'm stuck.

Well you cant still overclock why couldn't you?

Saterus: update to the 618-2 bios (be sure to get the -2 version). It plays a lot nicer with my utt over here which is very similar to bh-5. Neeseius your processor only uses a single channel for the ram so it may not like two sticks. Try running just one stick and it should give you 1T. Its not a big loss in my opinion just a loss.

Back