• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Go shopping on my tab!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wwing49

Well, just tell me what i should get at least.

Im gonna get a 630 and was wondering what the best mobo is. I was looking at the fatal1ty, and i know that it is probably more than its worth, but it looks hella amazing. I was also lookin at the 955 series from abit. Pros and Cons plz. Or give me another option in the 200-250 range.

Asus P5WD2 Premium... it's probably the best 955 board out there right now. Throw an additional $50 and you'll get wifi and a tv tuner card.

How does the AW8-Max Compare? My buddy and i are against Asus. Also, is the Fatal1ty all show and no go?

Wwing49 said:
How does the AW8-Max Compare? My buddy and i are against Asus. Also, is the Fatal1ty all show and no go?

Yes. :D But it's nice, with a window in the case and a few UV lights.

Don't know how the AW8-Max compare to the Asus, i ordered the AW8-Max and a 650, in the end of week or the next i will see if i will refund and test the Asus or not.

//Christian

The Abit AW8 is comparable to the Asus P5WD2 if you are after the i955 chipset. The nice thing is they have a direct upgrade path to the dual core processors and should achieve a little higher FSB than the i925 chipsets. The Fatal1ity is a pretty AA8XE with fancy OTES cooling, fancy LED lights, dual LAN, and no serial/LPT1 ports. If you have a case window and want a cool visual impact, then the Fatal1ity will do all that and it's a good overclocker.

Back