• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RAM cooling fan installation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ukf

Registered
Does anybody have a guide or something?
How do I go about installing a cooling fan over my OCZ EL Plat Rev2?

BTW... Is v1.1 of OCZ EL Plat Rev2 TCC5 or TCCD?

Help appreciated...

ps... wow... i finally found a stable overclock on this beast... im so happy... but i still would like to cool my ram down a little bit... i mean that's a decent oc for Winchester and TCC5, isn't it?

Wow... thanks guys.... awesome ideas... buuuuuuuuuuuut... I made my own... ram cooling...

If you have a Thermaltake Tsunami case and you get a A64 with stock cooling and slap it onto a dfi mobo like mine, then a 120mm fan will fit right over the ram in between the stock heatsink for A64 and the power supply... ill post pictures later

Last edited:
I twist-tied an 80mm fan to the right side of the bottem 2 bay drives. Not the greatest memory cooling but it moves air through them. This will only work if you have a stupid board with the memory above the CPU.

Heres how I did mine. String does wonders :D Seems ghetto, but I get to cool my northbridge also. Note that my pics are really ugly as I don't have a good camera...spent it all on computer parts :bang head
a.PNG

s.PNG

z.PNG

Back