• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good deal?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lunar_Lamp

eBayISAPI.dll

Stumbled accross this on ebay. Now, I know it's not the world's greatest kit, but it does seem to be ok, and at 26dba it would be pretty quiet. The price is pretty cheap too.

Would it be worth my buying it, and upgrading components in the future as I went?

Lunar_Lamp said:
eBayISAPI.dll

Stumbled accross this on ebay. Now, I know it's not the world's greatest kit, but it does seem to be ok, and at 26dba it would be pretty quiet. The price is pretty cheap too.

Would it be worth my buying it, and upgrading components in the future as I went?

as it's built around 6mm ID tubing, your ability to upgrade it is somewhat limited (apart from keeping the fan...)

as alot of people say and suggest, i believe the best way for water cooling is to do your own system/setup.

it'll sometimes cost alittle less and perform ALOT better.
im sure there will be others that will post and will also agree.

As pauldenton noted, your ability to upgrade is severely limited by the tube size, but that's not my biggest problem with this kit.

I really dislike the "preinstalled tubing".
The manufacturer has to provide a lot of extra length to accomodate a variety of cases and I'm sure you'll have to get very creative tucking it away.
In a waterloop, the less tubing the better and this kit removes the ability to shorten the lines to fit your application.

The GPU waterblock clamping mechanism is really quite humerous. It looks like pair of salad tongs. :)

i'll agree with building your own system. with a little work and a lot of research, a very well performing wc can be built for ~$100, which would out perform any 'kit' that could be had for the same price.

half the fun of watercooling is putting it together piece by piece, in my opinion. the other half is just watchin 'er go :)

gl

citronym said:
i'll agree with building your own system. with a little work and a lot of research, a very well performing wc can be built for ~$100, which would out perform any 'kit' that could be had for the same price.

half the fun of watercooling is putting it together piece by piece, in my opinion. the other half is just watchin 'er go :)

gl

and actually buying and building your own system with pre-made parts like a heatercore from dangerdenstore.com, you are really doing just as much work as you would a kit, just think of it without directions and oh yeah, better performing parts! :santa:

Back